LR3 - Is there a way to save different versions from external editor?

LR3 question.
I often use photoshop as an external editor.
Workflow works fine, I can do the selective adjustments I want, save it and the tiff or psd file is back in lightroom ready to use- and print.
I ran into an issue that I wanted to make several versions of an image in photoshop- and really I can not tell which I like until they are printed.
Is there a way to export an image, make several variations of a theme in photoshop, and save several different copies back into lightroom? I ended up saving several different versions as tiff's, and reimporting them into lightroom- then had to link them to the original file- cumbersome. Is there a way to manage this directly?
Thanks
Gary

I do this by creating the first PS version, then SAVE that back into LR. Then, I take that PS file back into PS (Edit a Copy) and SAVE again. Repeat as necessary.

That will work, but not with this workflow. For instance if I do a series of different steps, and then want to save one with glamorglow, and one without- can I save both to lightroom. If I make 2 virtual copies I need to do all the steps to one, save it. Then export a different virtual copy to photoshop, redo all the steps and then add a glamorglow- then resave. Would like to resave several different versions from a single trip to photoshop- but I do not yet see how to do that.
Thanks
Gary

But what you COULD do is do a series of SAVE AS from PS and then simply synchronize the folder in LR and then all the other copies made in PS would be added to the Catalog.

But what you COULD do is do a series of SAVE AS from PS and then simply synchronize the folder in LR and then all the other copies made in PS would be added to the Catalog.
That is the easiest way for sure - the saved TIFFs can have any name you like too!:wink:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom