LR3--Right Click, Delete Stops Working

I've got a strange occurrence that happens when editing large jobs in LR3. I typically don't cull my images before bringing into LR. Instead as I'm going through them I just right click and delete (either from LR or from disk) bad files as they come up. For me at least it saves having to go through all of the images twice which saves me time. At any rate, my ability to right click on a picture will eventually just stop working. At this point I either log out of LR and come back in or start using the delete button on the keyboard. As I'm not using the keyboard while editing in LR, it is closed in a slide out drawer so this isn't handy.

Does anyone have an explanation why the right click option just stops working? I can't see any preference settings that seem to relate to anything like this.

I have never heard of this issue before --- but will be interested in the replies you get.
I delete by using the "X" key on the keyboard on images in the filmstrip -- then when I get to the end hit the control and backspace keys at the same time and it deletes all the images with the "X" on them -- pretty easy -- and have never had a problem

Good luck and keep us posted

No idea Randy - sorry!:confused:

What OS are you using? Try and include this when asking queries as you will most likely get asked.:wink:

I'm on a Win 7 machine. The funny thing is the mouse continues to work fine in terms of left mouse button and outside of LR the right click is fine even after it stops working in LR. I thought for awhile it was because I was filling up the recycle bin, but I tried emptying it a few times during a recent session and it didn't make a difference. I'm open to any suggestions.

I am afraid I can't help you with an answer because I am having the same issue, also on a Win 7 machine and it is happening exactly as you described.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom