LR4 => CS5, Can't Get Edit w/ LR Adjustments

I'm having a problem - using LR 4.2 and CS5. Both are up-to-date.

In one catalog, if I right click and select "Edit in Adobe Photoshop CS5" the next dialog box comes up, as desired:

Edit%20LR%20Adjustments.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And, I can edit away in CS5, and come back to LR...the edited image is stacked in LR, etc.

However, if I open my other catalog, and select "Edit in Adobe Photos CS5",

I get this dialog box:

LR%20Error.jpg

What's odd is that LR is current:
About%20LR%204.jpg

and CS5 is too:
CS%205%20Updates.jpg

I select "Open Anyway" but the file come into CS5 as an untouched file...no LR edits present.

I've researched this on the Web/Adobe Forums, seems to be common...and have tried some things...I've verified that my Registry is correct.

I re-installed LR4.2 (the Repair option)...I have not done this w/ CS5.

Here is some other CS5 info...

CS5%20About.jpg

CS5%20Sys%20Info.jpg

Again, it works properly in one catalog, but not the other...and I'm also using Nik Silver Efex Pro...that works properly too, in BOTH catalogs.

thanks,

Chris

Not 100% sure but I think the problem you are having is related to the fact that CS5 latest ACR is 6.7 while LR ACR 7.2. You probably know that you cannot update CS5 to ACR 7.2.

My guess is that one of your catalogues has been updated to process 2012 which should happen for new images anyway and the other catalogue may have been using old Process Version 2010.

In any case AFAIK you will need to click the Render using Lightroom button to have the images appear as modified into CS5. This will first create either a Tiff or PSD immediately alongside your original

The image below shows the differences. You will see a small exclamation mark next to the image bottom right in the grey area of the older processed images and also the sliders in the develop mode have been changed. Changing to CS6 you will not have to save a rendered copy
LR2010_2012.jpg

I have an ACR mismatch as well. Lightroom 3.6 & CS4. My images look fine going to/from Photoshop. I only use CS4 for B&W conversions and processing the green channel from film scans. I select "Render Using Lightroom". No brainer really.

Wayne

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom