1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lucis Art 2 or lightroom

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by StephanieHelen, Aug 12, 2008.

1. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2008
  2. Thanks for posting this, interesting that Lucis is available again.

You may also want to consider Topaz Adjust, which seems to be doing a lot of the same things as the Lucis plugin at a fraction of the price $39.99

http://www.topazlabs.com/topazlabs/03products/topaz_adjust/

I used the Topaz on both of these for that edgy portrait look but i have throttled it back quite a bit:

2756668610_9783fde644_o.
    NIKON D300    ---    50mm    f/4.5    1/2000s    ISO 400

2754324677_c8ac91d126_o.
    NIKON D300    ---    50mm    f/3.5    1/1600s    ISO 400

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2008
  3. I too have found Topaz adjust and I am playing around with it now. Seems to be very similar to Lucis Art. Maybe that is why the Lucis Art folks dropped the price a little. IMO, even the reduced price of $189 is steep for a plug-in.

4. Johnny Yuma

Johnny Yuma

Jun 27, 2007
    SE MI
    I prefer Lucis.
    Here is an image I made using LucisArt, Matt's technique and Dave Cross's high pass technique.

3typesofLucis.

The LA needs a bit more contrast but is still a far better image IMO.

5. Drew I agree, in your examples, the Lucis version is my preferred also.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.