Luckily

there were a few birds left at the Viera Wetlands after the MI IV shoot

a soggy limpkin
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

a northern shoveler in its mating colors

a few sandhills

a bald eagle

a red shouldered hawk

we had a snowy egret but the grackle ran him off

almost got the flip

Never had a doubt about there being more birds, that's why I want to come back. Terrific shots Harry. The Red Shouldered Hawk is very special, beautiful job!. I can't quite make out what the Tricolor has in its beak.

Louie
Always a pleasure to have you in our backyard Louie. I had a hard time too making out what it caught but I think it was a small fish. The hawk too off so suddenly I was sure I had misse dthe shot. I was a happy camper when I reviwed the shot on my PC> :biggrin:

D

DoorMan

They all look great Harry. I especially like the hawk. I was also wondering what the tricolor had in its mouth.

G

Gordon Large

Hey Harry -

Great series. My favorite image is the shoveler with the gorgeous colors and mirror-smooth reflection. The most intriguing are the grackle chasing the egret. Presumably the grackle had a water-side nest and the egret came looking for lunch? I can't think of any other reason for this behaviour, but how stupid can a grackle be to build a nest at water's edge?

Gordon

Hey Harry -

Great series. My favorite image is the shoveler with the gorgeous colors and mirror-smooth reflection. The most intriguing are the grackle chasing the egret. Presumably the grackle had a water-side nest and the egret came looking for lunch? I can't think of any other reason for this behaviour, but how stupid can a grackle be to build a nest at water's edge?

Gordon
Thanks Gordon. The grackles have nest in the dead palm trees in that area so that's probably why she was so hostile.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom