Lufthansa Junkers Ju 52/3m

JB

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikon D2h, Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D IF AF
1/25s f/1.4 at 85.0mm iso200

From the Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum near Washington's Dulles International Airport in northern Virgina.

Interesting shot, JB. That engine looks huge sitting on the front of that plane. Bet it was a noisy, rough ride with that thing right in front of you.

JB

drueter said:
Interesting shot, JB. That engine looks huge sitting on the front of that plane. Bet it was a noisy, rough ride with that thing right in front of you.

Air travel has come a long way hasn't it?

And that was from an era when people actually dressed up to travel.

PGB

I gather that this was at the Smithsonian. The Junkers was similar to the Ford. However the Junkers saw more action I think both civilally and militarily.

Nice capture. Aircraft have always been a love of mine. Hopefully I'll get to take some pics using my new hobby of one of my favorite subjects.

+The following images are from Richard Seaman www.richard-seaman.com
Here is a pic of the Ford Trimotor
FordTrimotorBanking11oClock.jpg

And another Ju52
Ju52Banking.jpg

When I say similar I mean the skeletal structure and the outer shell. Kind of like a tin roof off of a barn or something. The Ju52 was a little more advanced and had less drag.

JB

Smithsonian

Patrick Bramlett said:
I gather that this was at the Smithsonian. ...

Indeed Patrick, it was taken in the Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum near Washington's Dulles International Airport in northern Virgina. This is a new museum hosting a large number of aircraft which could not be displayed at the original A&S Museum on the National Mall.

Latest threads

Top Bottom