Luminar 3 wins 2019 TIPA World Award

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I was fooled in to buying their Aurora HDR. What a garbage piece of software. I never even bothered to look at Luminar since it's developed by the same company.
Actually, I have Aurora, Photomatix Pro, and PS and find I can get execellent HDRs from each one. However, I prefer Aurora UI. While each of us have personal preferences, I would hardly consider Aurora to be "garbage software". YMMV......
Here's one in a very dark cathedral I created using Aurora
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Ian
Actually, I have Aurora, Photomatix Pro, and PS and find I can get execellent HDRs from each one. However, I prefer Aurora UI. While each of us have personal preferences, I would hardly consider Aurora to be "garbage software". YMMV......
Here's one in a very dark cathedral I created using Aurora
View attachment 1635812
I have to fiddle with Aurora WAYYYYY more than I do with Lightroom's HDR module, and I find the images are excessively noisy in Aurora.

That's great that you can get good looking images out of it. I would personally never recommend the piece of software to someone, and want to minimize my time spent behind the computer editing images. For me, Aurora doesn't do that.

I think people seem to rate Aurora and I actually rate Luminar 2018 which never won anything.

Skylum then proceeded to totally thrash it and released this as Luminar 3 and cue awards. Go figure.

I don't have Aurora, don't feel a need for it, never have; I do use Luminar 2018 and have been satisfied with it, although I sometimes take images processed in it into other programs for a final polishing. When Luminar 3 was first released I decided to just wait and watch for a while, see how things developed, as it sounded as though that program still needed some work.....

Skylum recently released Luminar Flex, which builds on Luminar 2018, after the the uproar that followed the terrible "award winning" Luminar 3 and it is a good improvement on Luminar 2018.

Unfortunately, it appears Skylum intends this as a stop gap and to shortly cripple Flex by removing functionality to drive people to Luminar 3.

Sigh.

@Clix Pix I would suggest getting Flex (which can install alongside Lunimar 2018 and uses the same license code - Free for L2018 users) before they cripple it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom