Lumiquest Promax 80/20

I've been reading Joe Mcnally's Hot Shoe Diaries and see he uses the Lumiquest 80/20 system quite a bit as well as a few other wedding photographers I follow.

Anyone have any experience with this system?

I prefer bounce flash and I do have the GFLS, but I was wondering if there was an easier more compact answer.

IsamuM

Not-quite-
I've been reading Joe Mcnally's Hot Shoe Diaries and see he uses the Lumiquest 80/20 system quite a bit as well as a few other wedding photographers I follow.

Anyone have any experience with this system?

I prefer bounce flash and I do have the GFLS, but I was wondering if there was an easier more compact answer.
Hi Phil,

I have both and there is no doubt that the Lumiquest 80/20 is a lot easier to carry around, even if you carry around all the accessories. Plus, it does a reasonable job in most conditions and I don't think you "waste" as much light as you do with the Fong dome. My biggest problem with all Lumiquest products is that the "hooks" on their plastic that catch the velcro loops don't do a very good job, but another strap of some kind will solve this problem.

However, the Fong dome does give you very nice, soft light as long as your subject isn't too far away. Being as big as it is, though, I don't carry it around unless I know that I'm going to be using it.

Thanks Isamu!

I picked one up yesterday and set it up. The velcro is strong now, but I can definitely tell it won't last long. I'll look into a strap or rubber band.

I've only played with it a little, but I do like the results so far.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom