Lunch! - gotta run!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by JAM, Aug 24, 2005.

1. JAM

JAM

Apr 30, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    This roadrunner ran in front of me with his rather large lunch - it all happened in maybe 3 or 4 seconds - while I was at the Rio Grande Nature Center. The roadrunner, besides starring as a cartoon character, is New Mexico's state bird. Just don't see them that often as they are shy birds. This is the first time I've ever seen one with a meal.

NOTE TO SELF: ALWAYS keep the D2X on and NEVER keep the lens cap on when wild life is about.

[​IMG]

2. YUMMY!!! That's a lot of food!! Nice capture!!

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

1st thing comes to mind, "BEEP BEEP" !!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
    Nice captures an yeah ya gotta be quick :wink:

4. Very good shot. Glad you were in the right place at the right time and ready to take a picture.

5. Nice capture, John! I keep looking for wylie coyote :smile:

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Cool shot John. I keep my D2H on the front seat of the truck, with the 300 2.8 mounted and ready to shoot. :wink:

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Runner :>))

That is a greaat image.
    If you crop it a bit would give a bigger view of him.. That is so neat.

I have NEVER see one.

BEEP BEEP....lolol

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Betcha it's already heavily cropped

My EXIF Show says it was shot at just 65mm. Great capture, and your right, you can't get the shot if the camera's not at the ready!

9. JAM

JAM

Apr 30, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Yes I had the 28 - 70 mm on at the time and tried to get it into the HSC mode too, but this guy wasn't waiting around for me to fiddle with the camera, as you can see from the motion blur on his left foot. (I could swear I heard him say "beep" "beep" as he ran by) :biggrin:

Gale, I already cropped it from the original as much as I dared. Next time I'll ask him to pose while I break out the 70 - 200! :Whistle:

10. Nice capture and just last week I missed one because I couldn't get the camera up in time. I had on my 17-55mm and it would have been a severe crop even if I could have caught him. I did get a fairly nice shot of one last year but not with a meal like yours. Well done.

11. Cool pic, cant say I have ever seen one......................well he wont be saying, wheres the beef! LOL.......................nice capture