Lunchtime

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Feb 24, 2005.

1. shot with the doorstop I call a D2H.

2. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Clearly Harris, that camera is now obsolete and can no longer work. You'd better trade it in.

Mind you, the image aint half bad. :D

Neil

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Uh, Harris, did you do a back manipulation while you were there.... :lol:

You were certainly close enough. 8)

Great shot :!: :!:

Frank

4. Be careful youmight hit him in the head with the lens hood.

Very nice shot, great detail you work your equipment very well

5. Well, Harris, how many people did you have holding the bird in that position? I am also sending this to PETA, I mean sticking the birds beak in the ground like that to get the shot, that is as disgusting as that fileted fish in the Pelicans mouth for crying out loud. If you had a REAL camera instead of that piece of trash you have, you wouldn't need to resort to these extreme measures in order to post an image and have all of these fine folks say "Wow".

Oh, by the way, MY obsolete D2H never gets used as a doorstop, a paper weight, yes, but a doorstop? How gauche.......

Nice portrait shot, cheat and add a little catchlight in the eye, it will make it look all the more alive :wink:

6. [/quote]Nice portrait shot, cheat and add a little catchlight in the eye, it will make it look all the more alive :wink:

7. Nice portrait shot, cheat and add a little catchlight in the eye, it will make it look all the more alive :wink:
    [/quote]

You might be good at taking photos, but you really should watch the beigin and end "quote" tags :lol: . Maybe I should move this to the "Tech" section, eh?

It does make the post look rather "different" though.......

You point out one of my frustrations shooting animals and birds. You can very rarely completely control the composition and subject placement, and I find that I often have to trade-off a distracting branch or background to get a good angle on a bird or animal. Just one more of the fun "challenges" of this type of work. Makes it quite enjoyable, in my opinion.