1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lunging Humpback

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Baywing, May 30, 2007.

1. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    This humpback was lunging unusally high. The pleats are distended and hold several hundred gallons of seawater. The pink in the crevasses of the pleats is blood from lots of stretching activity. (IOW, he's been eating well in the last few hours!)
    D2x, 70-200VR
    79688949.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Wow, and we complain about stretch marks? Nice shot; love the pink-on-gray scheme.

3. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    EEP! That's fabulous!

4. WOW! What a awsome shot! Keep em comin, please!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful Bay
    So great to see your whales again

6. AISBLE

AISBLE

Nov 29, 2006
    RI
    Wonderful shot. I'm assuming this was from a whale watch trip. Where along the coast was this taken?

7. Beautiful!!!!!!!! Where did you go out of? I'm hoping to get up to Gloucester soon, supposed to be nice whale watching up there! :smile:

8. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Thanks, all. I'd rather not have the grey skies, the trip this past Tues was great, sunny and blue skies and water.
    This was from the Stellwagen Bank area off the coast of MA. I was on a boat out of Gloucester. Lately, there has been some very good action at the NW corner, just 15 miles outside Gloucester harbor. Looks like a good year!!!!

Anyone want to join me, I go often, drop me a PM or e-mail. I'm using Capt Bill & Sons lately, tics are about $41, AM trips are less crowded.

9. What a fantastic shot! More, please! That must be a fantastic experience and to nail it with the camera!

10. I would LOVE to go, have been wanting to get out on one since about Feb. I've lived here almost all my life and still never been on a whale-watching tour! :redface:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.