Lust? I'll give ya Lust

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by MDJAK, Sep 6, 2008.

1. RichNY paid me a little visit today. We played, we ate, we waited for my new couch to be delivered.

Here's what we had to play with:

And one more for your drooling pleasure:

2. That big one is sweet to shoot with. Hey, I recognize that monopod. :biggrin:

3. The one in the middle of the second pic ain't no slouch either.

4. AIYEEEEEE! Lens nirvana! What's mounted on the D3 in the first pic?? Excuse me I need a cold shower...........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

5. that'd be the 200 f2 VR

6. Is that monopod a Manfrotto 329B?

7. If I'm not mistaken, it's a Manfrotto 694 which I left with Rich to try out..

8. You're right I believe, I can see the third clasp now, making it 4 sections.

Though lenses are fantastic, shame it'll be a while till I can afford/need one of them

9. Rich also took home my huge Gitzo monopod, the size of a Louisville Slugger.

10. Mr.Bill

Mr.Bill Guest

I have size envy.

11. Is the real big one the 400/2.8? Oh, and what's up with the white lens?

12. JimboC

JimboC

Sep 4, 2008
    N.Ireland
    If I had one of those over here in N.Ireland,I would probably get shot for trying to blow up a tank :biggrin:

13. RichNY

RichNY Guest

Well today I returned the Mark's 15xx Gitzo CF monopod that I'd been using for the past few months since he purchased the monster Gitzo 5540 Carbon Fiber monopod and got to take that one home for a spin. To be honest, my new 400 f/2.8 doesn't have as huge a feel as this stick does- and I have pretty decent sized hands.

Now that I've got Mark's 5540 and Mike's Manfrotto I guess I can start taking the 200 and 400 out together and shoot one in each hand :) 

I've got a bit of size envy also; I also returned Mark's 70-300 that I took with me to Europe last month and now the smallest telephoto lens I have is the 200 f/2!

14. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

sick ..lol

;-)

15. What's that white thing? A boat anchor???

16. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    damnit you owe me a keyboard from the drool!!!

17. :eek:  Can I come and play the next time? :smile::smile:

18. Yep, that's indeed the 400 f2.8.

And the white thing is just my Canon 300 f2.8 IS, every bit the equivalent of the Nikon 300 f2.8 VR, only four hundred less. Just that currently, after selling my 1DsMKIII and 1DMKIII, I've got no Canon body; ergo, my Canon 70-200, 100-400, 300 f2.8 and 35 1.4 sits unused.

Sure can. All we did, though, was shoot birds at my feeders, play with the wimberley sidekick, a Markins head, a RRS 55 head, eat huge New York strip steaks, drink cappucinos and play on the computer. Oh, and sat on my new recliner couch too:biggrin:

19. RichNY

RichNY Guest

For the record, I didn't drink no girly cappucino- I drank my coffee black:wink:

Mark does cook one mean THICK steak. Sure, the first time he made me a steak he burnt it. Today it somehow came out perfect which was pretty amazing considering he ran out of propane before they finished cooking but while sitting on the grill while the two delivery people unloaded the truck and assembled the sofa (looks great) it somehow cooked to perfection.

* The extra propane tank was also empty :biggrin:

20. People have tried to convince me for years that it is not all about size..... :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.