Lust Temporarily Satisfied--NOT!!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Gunnerisac, Apr 25, 2007.

1. I know I should say "finally satisfied" after a 200-400 VR/ Wimberley combo, but lens lust never ends -- Its incurable.

Here my latest satiation (neologism):

View attachment 92411

View attachment 92412

Here's a terrible shot I took handheld while we had rwo seconds of sunshine --Got to get out this weekend and put it to work. I am only including this shot because this fiend has been working my painting my pool house and fences. Very skittish bird to boot.

View attachment 92413

PaulC

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  2. Congrats! That is a nice looking lens and tripod. perhaps one day...

3. wow, that is one nice setup....

4. Welcome to the club from one new owner to another :p

5. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Pretty amazing that three of us got the lens right around the same time. Brian, Paul and me. :biggrin: :biggrin:

6. Whoa! That's an awesome rig, Paul! I've seen serious birders with similar rigs at Baylands Preserve.

What strikes me is that your lens hood costs more than some of my lenses - lol! Congratulations, and make good use of that sweet glass!

7. If you, Gadget Guy and I ever get together (he's got one too + a 200 mmf2.8 VR) we can share it. It is wonderful and BIG!

PaulC

8. Yes -- I wonder how many there are on the Cafe roster?

PaulC

9. Said I'd never do it -- no cost justification, no rationale, but then guys like you addicted me to lens lust :biggrin:

Thanks Frank,

PaulC

10. Thanks -- I don't think I'll be carrying it on a 20 mile hike, however!

PaulC

11. Is it just me, are or there more of these lenses appearing in the hands of members around here lately??? Please STOP! :biggrin: Seriously, that looks like some wicked fun... enjoy.

12. Yes -- It's the flavor of the month! Sereiously, after you get a 70-200 VR, its a logical next step. And I must say a magical lens.

I know of 4 that were acquired in the past two weeks.

Paul

13. The next logical step... yeah, I'll use that line on my wife and see how far I get... I think the doghouse would be the next logical step in her mind! :biggrin:

14. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    This place is great. LOL I love it. Pictures of lenses.

15. Damn, that is cool.