Lusting for a 20mm/2.8D

After looking at all the possibilities, I think the 20/2.8D prime will fill out my kit, without extending my credit line too far.

Any of you have one gathering dust in their camera bag?

Does this photo help? 20mm

22096032-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I am pretty sure I am going to start lusting for a 14mm DX f/2.8 prime soon :D

This used lens stuff is tricky, and it pays to read the fine print, Ricky. The one you linked in not a "d",
which means it's somewhere between 11 and 21 years old. Too many miles on it for my taste.

Frank,

Ok...(lol)....you made me run to confirm that mine is a "D", it is.

I pm'd you but it looks like it is stuck so I emailed you.

chris

sorry, don't mean to bypass the for-sale category, but you asked.

Edit: No problem, Rad. That's why we have moderators :twisted:. 10 more posts and you can make offers on the Cafe.

Btw, imho your starting prices are outrageously high. Maybe that's why you've received zero bids 5 days into
the ebay auctions for both lenses.

Warm regards,
Uncle Frank

Great choice Uncle Frank

I am on my second one - the first was left on a bench somewhere in SoCal after changing it. The darned thing is so small it is easy to overlook. Despite being molto cheepo I actually bought a second one since it is such a great lens. You are going to have fun, but beware because it is pretty wide for a long lenser like you and takes some getting used to. Especially if you try some of those lovely portraits up close, and it goes really close.
The new distortion filter in PSCS2 gets rid of the barreling you will sometimes see - or you could try one of the Panotools GUI's - they are excellent.

sinapps said:
Btw, imho your starting prices are outrageously high. Maybe that's why you've received zero bids 5 days into
the ebay auctions for both lenses.

High starting price, or hidden reserve - it all works out to the same result: frantic bidding in the last 5 minutes of the auction.

Latest threads

Top Bottom