Lyndee Loo's 52 Week Project - 2021 - Week 45

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Sad sign of the times, I hope for a return to normal soon as well. Hopefully, not too many businesses go under.

Nice work with the product shooting.
Hey, the cardboard box for a light tent thing does work pretty well. Good job with that.

I love older structures still in use. Nice find, well captured, and I'll look forward to any info you find. (Curious minds and all that...)

Very nice. Great colors, and the water droplets are a wonderful touch.
Colorful and fun photo. :D
Thank you so much, Gordon - sorry for the late reply!

Another cool find. Love the mural and the re-use of the shipping containers!
Hi Lyndee,
you've taken a wonderful picture.
This is the knd of work I love and I'm looking for an artist to paint my garage doors...

Kind regards
Klaus
Thank you, Klaus; I appreciate it!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Sorry for the delay in posting, but I'm back now.

Week 8

My bridge photos are awful, but, I keep trying. I took this one and turned into a monochromatic image. What also helped was the fact that it was a gloomy day to start with. I plan to keep practicing to get a bridge shot that I really like, but in the meantime...

MLK Bridge
Week 8.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 9

This is a shot of the front of our Municipal Theater, also known as the Muny. They've announced the plays for the 2021 season, which are depicted in the photos at the bottom. What struck me, however, was the huge chandelier.

The Muny
Week 9.jpg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 10

This is the interior of the Cathedral Basilica here in St. Louis and this church is something to behold. The interior contains 41.5 million pieces of glass mosaics in 7000 different colors and, outside of Russia, is the largest mosaic installation in the world. If you ever visit St. Louis, a visit to this place is a must.

Cathedral Basilica
Week 10.jpg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 11

This is a photo of the Port of Grafton Lighthouse, in Grafton, Illinois. The lighthouse is alongside the Mississippi River and is non-working, but provides a great place to relax and take photos. The area where you see the lighthouse's reflection is actually a parking lot. Grafton is prone to flooding and we had torrential rain this past week that caused the parking lots and recreational areas to be covered with water. In fact, in previous years, the lighthouse itself has been completely underwater!

Port of Grafton Lighthouse
Week 11.jpg

Real Name
Ken
Week 11

This is a photo of the Port of Grafton Lighthouse, in Grafton, Illinois. The lighthouse is alongside the Mississippi River and is non-working, but provides a great place to relax and take photos. The area where you see the lighthouse's reflection is actually a parking lot. Grafton is prone to flooding and we had torrential rain this past week that caused the parking lots and recreational areas to be covered with water. In fact, in previous years, the lighthouse itself has been completely underwater!

Port of Grafton Lighthouse
View attachment 1680870
Great lighting on a very nice image!

--Ken

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Week 9

This is a shot of the front of our Municipal Theater, also known as the Muny. They've announced the plays for the 2021 season, which are depicted in the photos at the bottom. What struck me, however, was the huge chandelier.

I like this a LOT! However, think about a crop just above the posters....that really highlights that gorgeous chandelier!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Week 10

This is the interior of the Cathedral Basilica here in St. Louis and this church is something to behold. The interior contains 41.5 million pieces of glass mosaics in 7000 different colors and, outside of Russia, is the largest mosaic installation in the world. If you ever visit St. Louis, a visit to this place is a must.

Cathedral Basilica
View attachment 1680869
I hope to get there this year!!!! Your image is really, really nice!!!! Well done, Lyndee!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I like this a LOT! However, think about a crop just above the posters....that really highlights that gorgeous chandelier!
Thanks! I thought about cropping off the photos, but then decided to keep them. It'll remind me to check out which plays I want to see this year! :D

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Yay, you're BAAACK!!!!! I was feeling kinda lonely here..... LOL! :D.

Very nice shots -- especially that lighthouse and the Basilica. That must be absolutely fabulous to see in person -- WOW!!!!

Oops, need to get my images organized and posted, too......
Yep, I'm back! It's been a rough couple of weeks, and an ever rougher one this week, but I've not lost the photo spark.

And thank you!

Real Name
Bill Walderman
But the posters highlight the building's function as a theater. Cropping would make this just a photo of the chandelier. I would not crop, or at least if I did, I'd keep both the original and the crop.

Real Name
Bill Walderman
Week 10

Cathedral Basilica
View attachment 1680869
Stunning photo. Byzantine architecture reminiscent of St. Mark's in Venice. The camera was perfectly aligned. Did they let you use a tripod.

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
But the posters highlight the building's function as a theater. Cropping would make this just a photo of the chandelier. I would not crop, or at least if I did, I'd keep both the original and the crop.
There can be two versions of an image. One of the chandelier and one as Lyndee presented.

Latest threads

Top Bottom