Lyndee Loo's 52 Week Project - 2021 - Week 45

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 12

I don't think this frog was too happy to see me... :confused:

Week 12.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sorry for the delay in posting, but I'm back now.

Week 8

My bridge photos are awful, but, I keep trying. I took this one and turned into a monochromatic image. What also helped was the fact that it was a gloomy day to start with. I plan to keep practicing to get a bridge shot that I really like, but in the meantime...

Nice. Good choice with monochrome, I like the processing.

I struggle with getting the right angles on bridge photos, like, a lot. For some reason it seems really difficult.

Week 9

This is a shot of the front of our Municipal Theater, also known as the Muny. They've announced the plays for the 2021 season, which are depicted in the photos at the bottom. What struck me, however, was the huge chandelier.

Very cool.

Week 10

This is the interior of the Cathedral Basilica here in St. Louis and this church is something to behold. The interior contains 41.5 million pieces of glass mosaics in 7000 different colors and, outside of Russia, is the largest mosaic installation in the world. If you ever visit St. Louis, a visit to this place is a must.

Cathedral Basilica
View attachment 1680869

Wow. Beautiful Basilica, well shot!

Week 11

This is a photo of the Port of Grafton Lighthouse, in Grafton, Illinois. The lighthouse is alongside the Mississippi River and is non-working, but provides a great place to relax and take photos. The area where you see the lighthouse's reflection is actually a parking lot. Grafton is prone to flooding and we had torrential rain this past week that caused the parking lots and recreational areas to be covered with water. In fact, in previous years, the lighthouse itself has been completely underwater!

Port of Grafton Lighthouse
View attachment 1680870

Nice light, colors. Love the reflection.

Week 12

I don't think this frog was too happy to see me... :confused:

:D

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Yeah, he looks a little perturbed...... LOL!!
Pink flowers, church, lighthouse, frog, shipping container house, bridge, and large chandelier....I love them all!!
Nice. Good choice with monochrome, I like the processing.

I struggle with getting the right angles on bridge photos, like, a lot. For some reason it seems really difficult.

Very cool.

Wow. Beautiful Basilica, well shot!

Nice light, colors. Love the reflection.

:D
It is not an ordinary frog and you photographed it so nicely Lyndee.
Thank you all so very much! You all are very kind! :)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 13

This is still, by far, my favorite place to photograph the St. Louis Arch. There are countless other compositions, perspectives and locations, but, I don't know...I just prefer shooting the Arch from this alleyway. It's quiet, kinda dark, not touristy...I like it.

St. Louis Arch
Week 13.jpg

Last edited:
Oops - thought I commented on 13 already.

Sweet shot of the Arch, uncommon viewpoints are cool. Nice placement with the reflection.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 14

I will not be posting one of my photos this week. Rather, this is a image of my great niece, Zarah, taken by her mom in early March. When her parents (my nephew and his wife) announced that they were going to be first time parents last year, reactions went from excited screams of "Congratulations!", to lighthearted teasing..."Dude, you will never retire..!" (Zarah's parents are in their late and mid forties, respectively).

When Zarah came kicking and screaming into this world, her parents were overjoyed, as were we all. Since, due to Covid, most of the family members were unable to meet her, photos with her full name were electronically sent to everyone. I took one look at my great niece's name and announced that, "...henceforth now and forever more, Zarah will be known as "Zippy"...", and to my surprise, her parents loved the nickname. Sooo...Zippy it was.

Our family was able to watch Zippy grow and thrive from afar through photos and videos, and updates on her progress were non-stop. First smile...first attempts to creep/crawl; yep, her parents kept us in the loop and we looked forward to the day when we could actually meet our precious baby in person.

Last month, and shortly after this photo was taken, in what can only be categorized as a freak accident (there's just no other way to describe it), Zippy suffered a fall and was deprived of oxygen. In the hospital, she was placed on a ventilator and countless tests were run, but her parents soon received the news that her condition was irreversible. Still, we all prayed fervently for a miracle, but it was not to be. This past Thursday evening, our precious baby was removed from life support, and with her devastated parents by her side and holding her hands, Zippy slipped away. She was 8 months and one day old.

Today is Zippy's funeral. It will be a very small affair, with only very immediate family present. Other family members, like myself, who were robbed of seeing her in person when she was born, have now been, once again denied the opportunity of supporting her parents by being present at her service - all due to Covid. Our only comfort is in knowing and remembering the sheer joy and happiness she brought to our lives during her short time here on this earth.

So, I'm asking for your forbearance this week as I pause to honor the life of this beautiful baby.

Zarah Zipporah Akleh-Scarlett
"Zippy"

August 7, 2020 - April 8, 2021
Zippy II.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom