Lyndee Loo's 52 Week Project - 2021 - Week 45

Very nifty image in Week 17 and yes, one does wonder what that clown is doing there?! Week 18's image with the egg is especially intriguing and I love everything about it: the bright contrasting colors, the shapes and the textures.....everything just works together so nicely! Capturing the egg in focus, including its shadow and even more importantly, its texture, was a nice demonstration of your creative and technical skills!l!

Week 18

The inspiration for this weeks photo was taken from a short video I saw on YouTube. It's supposed to depict an egg (which I borrowed from my neighbor since I don't eat eggs...) at the edge of a "cliff". I need to do a bit more work on it to get everything in focus, but here is my result. This is simply two pieces of colored paper on black cardstock. The egg is held up by a small round ring, and the egg's shadow is as the result of the light source which was to the right.

Very cool - visual illusion going on with the egg looking like it's sitting on the corner of a table/ box/ cube... Nicely done!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Very nifty image in Week 17 and yes, one does wonder what that clown is doing there?! Week 18's image with the egg is especially intriguing and I love everything about it: the bright contrasting colors, the shapes and the textures.....everything just works together so nicely! Capturing the egg in focus, including its shadow and even more importantly, its texture, was a nice demonstration of your creative and technical skills!l!
Now, that is nightmare-inducing. For those that don't like clowns.

Neat find Lyndee.
Very cool - visual illusion going on with the egg looking like it's sitting on the corner of a table/ box/ cube... Nicely done!
Thank you both! I appreciate the comments!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 19

So this week, I am in Cincinnati, Ohio. Today I went to the American Sign Museum, which is a really nifty place with all types of signs and memorabilia from yesteryear. This one caught my eye immediately. Remember him?

Had to take this with my iPhone, as the museum does not allow “real“ photography or photographic equipment.

Big Boy
5ADA49EF-0FA0-4D35-8636-6DB4237E3898.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Week 19

So this week, I am in Cincinnati, Ohio. Today I went to the American Sign Museum, which is a really nifty place with all types of signs and memorabilia from yesteryear. This one caught my eye immediately. Remember him?

Had to take this with my iPhone, as the museum does not allow “real“ photography or photographic equipment.

Nice! Cool museum - hope you had some fun there.

Big Boy? And an early version, maybe east coast? I think the later ones had black hair and checkered overalls?

(When moving from post to post in the '60s and '70s we stopped a lot at HoJo's, Stuckey's, Big Boy, and Mickey D's with the arches as part of the building. As well as other random spots of roadside kitsch.)

Real Name
Ken
Yes, it is Big Boy! In Michigan, they were Elias Brother's Big Boy. And I can remember the first time I had a Big Boy hamburger. It was an experience for a kid that mostly ate plain hamburgers.

Thanks for the memories,

--Ken

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Nice! Cool museum - hope you had some fun there.

Big Boy? And an early version, maybe east coast? I think the later ones had black hair and checkered overalls?

(When moving from post to post in the '60s and '70s we stopped a lot at HoJo's, Stuckey's, Big Boy, and Mickey D's with the arches as part of the building. As well as other random spots of roadside kitsch.)
It is a really neat museum. I am so glad I went. So many signs from yesteryear that bought the back many memories. And I have to look up to see which version of the big boy this is. I do know that there were several.

Of all of the restaurants that you listed however, Stuckey’s was my favorite, because they had those pecan log rolls! ?

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Yes, it is Big Boy! In Michigan, they were Elias Brother's Big Boy. And I can remember the first time I had a Big Boy hamburger. It was an experience for a kid that mostly ate plain hamburgers.

Thanks for the memories,

--Ken
Yes, indeed! I can also remember my first hamburger from this restaurant. I was so excited, LOL! ?

It is a really neat museum. I am so glad I went. So many signs from yesteryear that bought the back many memories. And I have to look up to see which version of the big boy this is. I do know that there were several.

Of all of the restaurants that you listed however, Stuckey’s was my favorite, because they had those pecan log rolls! ?

Pecan logs! :D Stuckey's were a fun stop. Bathroom break, then roam the isles of T-Shirts, glasses, spoons, pennants, bumper stickers, post cards, etc... and grab snacks and drinks for the road.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 20

Found this gent taking photos of his favorite subject (and during the golden hour at that!). His technique looked to be quite on point, so I invited him to join the Cafe. At first he declined, as he stated he shoots with a...gasp...Canon. I told him, however, that we don't care what he shoots with, as long as he enjoys his hobby. And with that...he agreed. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to Holt, our newest Cafe member! :)

Holt
Week 20.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom