Lyndee Loo's 52 Week Project - 2021 - Week 45

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Next time I open a can or bottle of an Anheuser-Busch product, I'll give a tip of the glass to Mr Busch and his massive mausoleum! Very nicely shot!

I like the bee and you did just fine with this! For some reason I haven't had much luck this year with bees or butterflies landing on flowers long enough for me to capture them in action!
Thanks, Connie! The next time I'm at the cemetery, I'll give your regards to Mr. Busch! :D

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 28

It's sunflower season here in St. Louis! There is a massive sunflower field near where I live here in St. Louis, so I got up early this morning and went shooting. 'Course now, the mosquitos were also up early, and as a result, I was eaten alive. Right before they got the best of me, however, I was able to snap this image. For this shot, I used my 24-200mm lens with a Mieke 11mm extension tube attached.

Sunflower Days...
Week 30.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Ooh, that's niiiice!!!!! Aren't sunflowers wonderful?!
Thank you! I had gone to that field last week and none of the sunflowers had bloomed. Went yesterday and the entire field seemed like it was lit up with color. It was truly beautiful. Those mosquitoes, however, were the size of a small animals, LOL! :ROFLMAO: And they were everywhere! I even had to chase them out of my car when I opened the door to escape them. Hopefully the sunflowers will still be in bloom next week and I have a chance to go back and shoot some more.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 29

The water was still and the greens were so vibrant that I couldn't resist taking a shot...

Early Morning
Week 29.jpg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
What a beautiful, peaceful scene! It looks like a wonderful oasis to visit on a hot, steamy day and escape from everything for a while!
Beautiful indeed.
Beautiful composition! Love those greens!
Thank you, all - I love this park. It's only a few minutes away from my home, but typically by time I get there, the water is full of boaters. This day, I beat them to the punch!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 30

If I told him once, I've told him a thousand times - no snacks before breakfast!

And apparently he has affinity for Ruffles potato chips, too! :D

A Snack Before Breakfast
Week 30-1.jpg

Last edited:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Aw, he's so cute!!!! Huh, I never thought to try giving my guys potato chips when they were hanging out on my deck last summer! LOL!
Thank you! I was actually doing some "drive-by" shooting this morning and saw him pull the chip out of the trash bin, then run under a bench to eat it. I stopped the car in the middle of the street and was hoping that my 24-200 had enough reach to shoot the image. Surprisingly, it did, and when I cropped the image, it was a lot sharper than I thought it would be! :)

Week 22

Early morning in St. Louis...

View attachment 1684761

Nice light. Another cool shot of The Arch.

Week 23

Now Playing????
View attachment 1685105

Nice. I like older theater architecture, the B&W treatment you did works well here IMHO.

Week 24

Unexpected trip out of state caused me to miss a week. Left the camera at home, so no shots of where I went to; next time. In the meantime, here is a photo of the Grand Avenue Water Tower here in St. Louis. The water tower was erected in 1871 and, standing at 154 feet, is the tallest free-standing Corinthian column in the world. Originally used to assist with firefighting, it was decommissioned in 1912.

Grand Ave. Water Tower
View attachment 1685653

Very cool. Glad to see it's still standing. I'm assuming the city does a good job maintaining it?

Week 25

This piece of statuary stands in front of our Science Center. Entitled 'Looking Up', it depicts us, as humans, pondering space and stars. The piece is 33 feet tall and is made of stainless steel.

Another cool one. Lots of neat sculptures and such, enjoy your presentations of them.

Week 26

Decided to go to one of the local cemeteries which is well known for its mausoleums and obelisks. This is the mausoleum of Augustus Busch, one half of the Anheuser-Busch beer making duo...

Busch
View attachment 1686281

Another cool find.

Week 27

So all I can say to this one is that I tried...:rolleyes:

View attachment 1686282

Don't look bad to me, definitely a lot better than ones I've tried. :D

Week 28

It's sunflower season here in St. Louis! There is a massive sunflower field near where I live here in St. Louis, so I got up early this morning and went shooting. 'Course now, the mosquitos were also up early, and as a result, I was eaten alive. Right before they got the best of me, however, I was able to snap this image. For this shot, I used my 24-200mm lens with a Mieke 11mm extension tube attached.

Sunflower Days...
View attachment 1686616

Sweet sunflower shot - nice catch with the Lady Bug as well.

Week 29

The water was still and the greens were so vibrant that I couldn't resist taking a shot...

Early Morning
View attachment 1686858

Nice reflection - looks like a calm day.

Week 30

If I told him once, I've told him a thousand times - no snacks before breakfast!

And apparently he has affinity for Ruffles potato chips, too! :D

A Snack Before Breakfast
View attachment 1687209

Tree sharks can be a royal pain, but funny at the same time. Smart little buggers as well. Nice candid. :D

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Nice shot, Lyndee. Great timing!
Good capture Lyndee.
Nice light. Another cool shot of The Arch.

Nice. I like older theater architecture, the B&W treatment you did works well here IMHO.

Very cool. Glad to see it's still standing. I'm assuming the city does a good job maintaining it?

Another cool one. Lots of neat sculptures and such, enjoy your presentations of them.

Another cool find.

Don't look bad to me, definitely a lot better than ones I've tried. :D
Sweet sunflower shot - nice catch with the Lady Bug as well.

Nice reflection - looks like a calm day.

Tree sharks can be a royal pain, but funny at the same time. Smart little buggers as well. Nice candid. :D
Thank you all so much! You are far too kind! I really didn't think the image would turn out well, but I'm glad it did!

Latest threads

Top Bottom