Lyndee Loo's 52 Week Project - 2021 - Week 45

Catching up again, nice series the last three weeks. I really like the Fox theatre shot. Love the old theatre architecture, I wish more could be maintained/ restored.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I love this image! Rich colors, interesting textures, great composition! Excellent!
Love the Fox pic. The shoe is interesting indeed.

I suspect the babbling bird is an RWBB.
Catching up again, nice series the last three weeks. I really like the Fox theatre shot. Love the old theatre architecture, I wish more could be maintained/ restored.
Just catching up and thank you all! I appreciate the comments very much!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Sorry for being MIA - family matters and such... :rolleyes:

And with that, here we go...!

Week 36

This is the Graffiti Wall, which is a stone's throw distance from the Gateway Arch along the seawall (you can actually see the Arch to the left of the first telephone pole). The Graffiti Wall is one mile long and artists of all skill levels can display their works. The wall is very popular and during the year you'll see many wedding or senior photos taken here. It is also painted over once a year, an event that draws thousands of people. Personally speaking, I'm not so enamored with it as I am with street art (to me, there's a difference), but...well...to each his or her own...

Graffiti Wall
Week 37.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 37

Home Sweet Home
Week 36.jpg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 38

Went out yesterday by the dawn's early light and captured one of our mini islands in the midst of a foggy morning. At the time I shot this, the sun had turned the sky a nice deep orange as it was rising. This island is part of our Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary.

Early Morning Light
Week 38.jpg

Welcome back, Lyndee! That graffiti wall is interesting, you captured it very well, plus the scene around it! I agree with you that if it is "planned," so to speak, with being painted over each year then it isn't really the same as spontaneous, organic graffiti that pops up out of nowhere in various places. Philadelphia has some interesting graffiti art in and around the South Street area, and although I'm sure DC does as well, I have to say I haven't ever seen any here in DC -- I should do the touristy thing and go downtown once in a while!

Your house? Looks very comfortable and just the right size for a single person! Do you have to mow the lawn or do you have someone to attend to that for you?

My favorite, of course, is Week 38 -- wonderful early morning light with the mist and fog rising and the day just beginning!

Sorry for being MIA - family matters and such... :rolleyes:

And with that, here we go...!

Week 36

This is the Graffiti Wall, which is a stone's throw distance from the Gateway Arch along the seawall (you can actually see the Arch to the left of the first telephone pole). The Graffiti Wall is one mile long and artists of all skill levels can display their works. The wall is very popular and during the year you'll see many wedding or senior photos taken here. It is also painted over once a year, an event draws thousands of people. Personally speaking, I'm not so enamored with it as I am with street art (to me, there's a difference), but...well...to each his or her own...

Graffiti Wall
View attachment 1689803

Colorful shot. I'm not a fan of graffiti or tagging, one thing I have noticed, many of the people that do this when they switch to actual artwork can do some pretty neat images.

Week 38

Went out yesterday by the dawn's early light and captured one of our mini islands in the midst of a foggy morning. At the time I shot this, the sun had turned the sky a nice deep orange as it was rising. This island is part of our Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary.

Early Morning Light
View attachment 1689805

Nice, love the moodiness that comes with fog/ mist.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
WOW! WHAT a comeback!!! #36 is excellent....and #37 is technically well done. But #38 is stunning! The atmosphere....and the lighting.... Wow! This one really needs to be printed and enjoyed!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Welcome back, Lyndee! That graffiti wall is interesting, you captured it very well, plus the scene around it! I agree with you that if it is "planned," so to speak, with being painted over each year then it isn't really the same as spontaneous, organic graffiti that pops up out of nowhere in various places. Philadelphia has some interesting graffiti art in and around the South Street area, and although I'm sure DC does as well, I have to say I haven't ever seen any here in DC -- I should do the touristy thing and go downtown once in a while!

Your house? Looks very comfortable and just the right size for a single person! Do you have to mow the lawn or do you have someone to attend to that for you?

My favorite, of course, is Week 38 -- wonderful early morning light with the mist and fog rising and the day just beginning!
Colorful shot. I'm not a fan of graffiti or tagging, one thing I have noticed, many of the people that do this when they switch to actual artwork can do some pretty neat images.
Neat house. Love the splash of color with the green door.
Nice, love the moodiness that comes with fog/ mist.
WOW! WHAT a comeback!!! #36 is excellent....and #37 is technically well done. But #38 is stunning! The atmosphere....and the lighting.... Wow! This one really needs to be printed and enjoyed!
Thank you, all!

And Connie, my apologies - I should have said that that was not my home. I saw it in passing and it was the color of the front door that got my attention. I have a ranch style bungalow, and to answer your question, YEEESSSS - I have a lawn service, LOL! :ROFLMAO: I used to do my own yardwork, but gave it up. My property spans the length of two houses (and my house sits right in the middle), so not only is there a front and back yard, there are two good sized side yards as well. It used to take me an hour to mow, then an hour to edge, and then additional time to clean things up.

Now, the lawn service sends out three guys - one mows, one edges and the third one cleans, and they are done lickety split. And when they're done, my yard looks like a park. Totally worth the money! :D

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Completely forgot to post yesterday, so the photo from the October meme will have to do for this week.
Week 40

Locked Up...
DSC_0511.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom