Lyndee Loo's 52 Week Project - 2021 - Week 45

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I am so very sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

--Ken
Oh, Lyndee. I'm so sorry. So, so heartbreaking!!
Such a cute little girl, and such a sadly all-too-short life!!!! Heartbreaking, indeed. You and your entire family, especially Zippy's parents, have my condolences and deep sympathy.

You chose a lovely and appropriate way to honor Zippy by telling us (your "other" family) about her and sharing her photo.
Lyndee - sorry to read about this. What a tragedy. My condolences to your family.
Thank you, all -

I showed Zippy's parents all of your messages and they were so appreciative. It's been a blow, but we'll always remember the delight she brought to all our lives.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 15

All I wanted to do was to unobtrusively check into my hotel with all of my shoes without anyone noticing. Alas, someone noticed my suitcases and took a photo. I tell you, what nerve! :D

Got Enough Bags???
DSC_0589.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Bill Walderman
Week 14

I will not be posting one of my photos this week. Rather, this is a image of my great niece, Zarah, taken by her mom in early March. When her parents (my nephew and his wife) announced that they were going to be first time parents last year, reactions went from excited screams of "Congratulations!", to lighthearted teasing..."Dude, you will never retire..!" (Zarah's parents are in their late and mid forties, respectively).

When Zarah came kicking and screaming into this world, her parents were overjoyed, as were we all. Since, due to Covid, most of the family members were unable to meet her, photos with her full name were electronically sent to everyone. I took one look at my great niece's name and announced that, "...henceforth now and forever more, Zarah will be known as "Zippy"...", and to my surprise, her parents loved the nickname. Sooo...Zippy it was.

Our family was able to watch Zippy grow and thrive from afar through photos and videos, and updates on her progress were non-stop. First smile...first attempts to creep/crawl; yep, her parents kept us in the loop and we looked forward to the day when we could actually meet our precious baby in person.

Last month, and shortly after this photo was taken, in what can only be categorized as a freak accident (there's just no other way to describe it), Zippy suffered a fall and was deprived of oxygen. In the hospital, she was placed on a ventilator and countless tests were run, but her parents soon received the news that her condition was irreversible. Still, we all prayed fervently for a miracle, but it was not to be. This past Thursday evening, our precious baby was removed from life support, and with her devastated parents by her side and holding her hands, Zippy slipped away. She was 8 months and one day old.

Today is Zippy's funeral. It will be a very small affair, with only very immediate family present. Other family members, like myself, who were robbed of seeing her in person when she was born, have now been, once again denied the opportunity of supporting her parents by being present at her service - all due to Covid. Our only comfort is in knowing and remembering the sheer joy and happiness she brought to our lives during her short time here on this earth.

So, I'm asking for your forbearance this week as I pause to honor the life of this beautiful baby.

Zarah Zipporah Akleh-Scarlett
"Zippy"

August 7, 2020 - April 8, 2021
View attachment 1681910
This is beyond sad.

Real Name
Ken
Week 15

All I wanted to do was to unobtrusively check into my hotel with all of my shoes without anyone noticing. Alas, someone noticed my suitcases and took a photo. I tell you, what nerve! :D

Got Enough Bags???
View attachment 1682385
This looks a bit like my closet where I keep my camera bags and the Nikon boxes that my gear came in! ;)

--Ken

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
LOL! What a delightful and funny shot! As one who always arrives at a hotel with too many bags I can relate! (On a smaller scale, of course.....).
Too funny! :D
That is funny, Lyndee!!
Is that checkered one a LV?
Don't let my wife know…

Great picture
Klaus
This looks a bit like my closet where I keep my camera bags and the Nikon boxes that my gear came in! ;)

--Ken
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You all are too funny, and thank you so much! When I saw this, I actually started to calculate whether or not all my shoes would fit in the cases! :LOL:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 16

Here is St. Louis we have a place called City Garden, an urban park space in the heart of the city that contains several pieces of modern sculpture. This is one of them - 'Eros Bendato', or 'The Head', created by Igor Mitoraj. I've taken this photo a few times, but it's the first time where there was a backdrop of colorful spring blossoms.

Oh...btw...the rest of his body is a few blocks away...:)

'Eros Bendato'
Week 16.jpg

Week 16

Here is St. Louis we have a place called City Garden, an urban park space in the heart of the city that contains several pieces of modern sculpture. This is one of them - 'Eros Bendato', or 'The Head', created by Igor Mitoraj. I've taken this photo a few times, but it's the first time where there was a backdrop of colorful spring blossoms.

Oh...btw...the rest of his body is a few blocks away...:)

'Eros Bendato'
View attachment 1682755

You'll have to show us the rest of his body one of these days. Thanks for sharing this interesting photo!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
What a fascinating sculpture! The pink blossoms behind him really make an effective and beautiful background!
You'll have to show us the rest of his body one of these days. Thanks for sharing this interesting photo!
16 - nice photo, kinda creepy sculpture.

But then again, I don't grasp a lot of art. :bag:
Thanks, All!

Gordo - the creep factor is definitely there, especially at night. Some people actually turn on flashlights inside the head so that the eyes glow. I saw that one night and had nightmares... :confused:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 17

So I actually forgot to post last week. Anywhoo...found this guy in an alley way. How it got there and it's purpose is a mystery to me...

Creepy Clown
Week 17.jpg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 18

The inspiration for this weeks photo was taken from a short video I saw on YouTube. It's supposed to depict an egg (which I borrowed from my neighbor since I don't eat eggs...) at the edge of a "cliff". I need to do a bit more work on it to get everything in focus, but here is my result. This is simply two pieces of colored paper on black cardstock. The egg is held up by a small round ring, and the egg's shadow is as the result of the light source which was to the right.

On Edge...
Week 18.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom