Lyndee's 52 Week Project - 2019 (I'll Be Back Soon!)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Very nice composition and color. When you deal with the halo, be aware that it's around the entire horse and to a much lesser extent around most of the statue's base.
Thanks, Mike - and I'll make sure to check around the entire statue to deal with the halo.

My wife could write a treatise on how to accomplish that. Indeed, she should have reserved numerous awards for it. Hint: The starting point is to make sure that you do a serious study of the underside of your eyelids until the sky is bright.
Now that sounds like a woman after my own heart! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Very nice composition and a beautiful sunrise in Week 12 Lyndee. Did you use smart sharpening in PS? I can also notice the effects of some noise reduction the image. Smart sharpening works well but in some cases , if you push the sliders a bit too much it creates halos and the noise reduction becomes noticeable in the image. That's why I usually reduce noise seperately and use USM for sharpening.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Very nice composition and a beautiful sunrise in Week 12 Lyndee. Did you use smart sharpening in PS? I can also notice the effects of some noise reduction the image. Smart sharpening works well but in some cases , if you push the sliders a bit too much it creates halos and the noise reduction becomes noticeable in the image. That's why I usually reduce noise seperately and use USM for sharpening.
That's a great suggestion, and thanks so much! I'm going to try your technique!

How are you adjusting to Kusadasi? I've been there once, and liked it (not as much as Istanbul, though), but I was only there for a couple of days...

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 13

Ehhh...I'm a bit confused. You tell me to use the other door, but now you tell me you're closed... :confused:

Bait and Switch?? :D
i-Rvkcwd6-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Good eye! The dark doors really stand out with the lighter framing. At least there wasn't a second sign on the left door saying "Go next door" with an arrow pointing to the right! LOL!

That's a great suggestion, and thanks so much! I'm going to try your technique!

How are you adjusting to Kusadasi? I've been there once, and liked it (not as much as Istanbul, though), but I was only there for a couple of days...

I'm actually happy here so far Lyndee. But as I moved here at the beginning of February, it will take some time to get to know the area as it is rich in both history and nature . I'm hoping to start shooting again after exploring some suitable locations.

Nice colors and textures in the door image , also very funny:D Did you use a gradient filter at the top? If so, the door on the left looks ok , but the big stains at the top part of the right door and at the top part of the right door frame look dark and a bit distracting. Anyway , they are easy to fix with PP:rolleyes:

PS. I have just noticed that you didn't ask for criticism at the beginning of your thread. So, please let me know if you are bothered with my comments. I was a member of another photography forum for about 3 years and it focused on education and criticism, that's why if I see something needs fixing in an image in my opinion, I just say it.

Last edited:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Nice colors and textures in the door image , also very funny:D Did you use a gradient filter at the top? If so, the door on the left looks ok , but the big stains at the top part of the right door and at the top part of the right door frame look dark and a bit distracting. Anyway , they are easy to fix with PP:rolleyes:

PS. I have just noticed that you didn't ask for criticism at the beginning of your thread. So, please let me know if you are bothered with my comments. I was a member of another photography forum for about 3 years and it focused on education and criticism, that's why if I see something needs fixing in an image in my opinion, I just say it.
Binnur- I have absolutely no problem with you or anyone else critiquing my images, as it’s a way for me to learn and improve. Trust- I appreciate all the feedback I’ve received and look forward to more! :)

11 - great colors

12 - nice sunrise, I love historical images - statuary, architecture, etc... so anytime you want to throw those at us... :D

13 - LOL Good catch, love the conflicting signage and the processing.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
LOL!!! Contradictory message they deliver, isn't it?! :). Love the colors and the texture of this image.....
Good eye! The dark doors really stand out with the lighter framing. At least there wasn't a second sign on the left door saying "Go next door" with an arrow pointing to the right! LOL!
Thanks, Connie and Karen!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Week 14

A glorious day in St. Louis. With temperatures in the high 70's, I headed to the Botanical Gardens to get some shots. And...so did everyone else. :confused: The place was packed, but I couldn't blame them, because it really was pretty day. This was the only shot I got where there were no people around.

'A Quiet Place'
i-wTnnvRB-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Glad you were out enjoying the day - with the rest of St Louis! LOL! Very strong composition. I like the trees budding out on the left and right which help frame the image.

14 - Beautiful. Great job conveying "peaceful and quiet" with the crowd around.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I'll be back... :)

As some of you know, I'm having work done on my home and as a result, I've had to temporarily move out. That means everything is in storage and that includes my computer. I've been taking photos, but editing and posting is a no-go at this moment.

When the renovations are done and my house is in some semblance of order, I'll make up for all the weeks I've missed.

Stay tuned! :D

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom