Lyndee's 52 Week Project - 2019 (I'll Be Back Soon!)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Outside of the images I took on a recent vacation, I really haven't photographed anything this year. As a result, I've made a commitment to get out and start seeing the area I live in through my camera and lens. To hold me accountable, I've created this thread.

For this project, I'll be using my Nikon D7100. Lenses used will depend on my mood and will, more than likely, vary.

My photographic style is unknown. I don't think I have a particular style, but I do know that you will not see any type of portraiture, 'cause that just isn't my thing. Anything else, though, is fair game.

I'll start shooting on Tuesday, January 1, 2019 and will post every Sunday for the next 52 weeks. Sooo, with that, off I go! :D

More power to you, Lyndee! Very ambitious -- but a wise and more sensible choice as opposed to doing a daily photo-of-the-day (POTD) project! I've noticed that many people who try a POTD (myself included lo these many moons ago) wind up dropping it somewhere along the line and it's not too hard to understand why when one thinks about the demands such a daily task can engender.... Doing a 52-week project offers so much more flexibility.

Looking forward to seeing your Sunday postings throughout 2019! :)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
More power to you, Lyndee! Very ambitious -- but a wise and more sensible choice as opposed to doing a daily photo-of-the-day (POTD) project! I've noticed that many people who try a POTD (myself included lo these many moons ago) wind up dropping it somewhere along the line and it's not too hard to understand why when one thinks about the demands such a daily task can engender.... Doing a 52-week project offers so much more flexibility.

Looking forward to seeing your Sunday postings throughout 2019! :)
Thanks, Connie - and I'm hoping that I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. I love my hobby and I love seeing all the posts here in the Café. I've just gotten away from it partly because of my belief that I had photographed all there was to see here in St. Louis. I've since been researching areas to shoot, and found a local photography group whose photos tell me that I've been all wrong with my assumptions.

Sooo...here's to new beginnings. I'll see what this year brings! :)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Outside of the images I took on a recent vacation, I really haven't photographed anything this year. As a result, I've made a commitment to get out and start seeing the area I live in through my camera and lens. To hold me accountable, I've created this thread.

For this project, I'll be using my Nikon D7100. Lenses used will depend on my mood and will, more than likely, vary.

My photographic style is unknown. I don't think I have a particular style, but I do know that you will not see any type of portraiture, 'cause that just isn't my thing. Anything else, though, is fair game.

I'll start shooting on Tuesday, January 1, 2019 and will post every Sunday for the next 52 weeks. Sooo, with that, off I go! :D
Wait!
What had Uncle Frank always told me?
Oh, yes- "Klaus, update your title!"
I will remind you... ;):cool::D

Kind regards
Klaus

M

marine 337

Lyndee Loo----stop down to Melbourne Fl-----my wife wants a decent portrait of me----I keep telling her its impossible, my mug is not made for those kind of pix. Maybe you can help----yikes

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Lyndee Loo----stop down to Melbourne Fl-----my wife wants a decent portrait of me----I keep telling her its impossible, my mug is not made for those kind of pix. Maybe you can help----yikes
I'll be glad to stop down in Melbourne, but a portrait? Not from me, I'm afraid, LOL! If there is one genre of photography that doesn't appeal to me, it's portraiture. I don't even like taking photos of myself! :ROFLMAO:

I thought of a 52 week project. I tried two 365 and one 52 and each time ended up in the hospital. So I will watch yours and stay out of thehospitals.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I thought of a 52 week project. I tried two 365 and one 52 and each time ended up in the hospital. So I will watch yours and stay out of thehospitals.
Oh my, John! :eek: I think you have the best solution. You just sit right down by your computer. I'll do the shooting!! :p

Yep, after having tried a 365 POTD some years ago and then not completing it plus losing my enthusiasm for photography I'm mot even thinking about any sort of project in which I would have to make a commitment and all the rest.....I found that this doesn't work well for me. Spontaneity and casualness seem to be the way I roll.....

Latest threads

Top Bottom