Lyndee's Last Continent - Antarctica!

What a super report Lyndee. Great pictures. I love the blue ice on heavy sky moody pictures, and I see you discovered Noah's Arc.. What was you camping experience going to entail had it not been cancelled? Pitch your own tent and fend for yourself?.... or chef and foot maid supplied? ;)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Very nice. Lets' see some more.
Thanks, West, and I'll post more soon!

What a super report Lyndee. Great pictures. I love the blue ice on heavy sky moody pictures, and I see you discovered Noah's Arc.. What was you camping experience going to entail had it not been cancelled? Pitch your own tent and fend for yourself?.... or chef and foot maid supplied? ;)
Thank you, Ivan!

Only 60 people are allowed to camp overnight on the ice. You had your choice of either a sleeping bag or pitching a tent and there was a mandatory meeting where you learned how to erect your temporary lodgings for the night. Then, after dinner, you and your gear was ferried to shore via zodiac - no food allowed (so the chef would have had to stay back...:ROFLMAO:). You were then responsible for staking out your sleeping area, stamping the ice flat onto the ground with your feet and either setting out your sleeping bag, or putting your tent together. After that, there was a few hours to hang out and do your thing before "Quiet Time", where it was requested that you settle down for the night. I would have been out on the ice from approx. 9:00 pm until around 6:00 am. You were strongly urged to attend to any bathroom related activities prior to leaving the ship. There was a porta-potty available if you really had needed one, but it was really a large bucket that would have been placed behind some rocks. And...what goes onto the shore must come off the shore... :confused:

Anywhoo...two hours prior to disembarkation, the adventure was called off because high winds were predicted for that evening, and the captain couldn't safely navigate the ship to where we needed to be. I was bummed a bit, but heck - I did a polar plunge and that more than made up for it! :p

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Wonderful Lyndee...I can hear the joy in your write up.
Congratulations on having the courage to fulfill your dreams. Now....you have to do the 7 continents again.....this time in reverse for a change.
Thank you, Bob! Honestly, I would do Antarctica again in a heartbeat, but there are soooo many other places I would like to visit. So while a return trip will come, it may have to wait a bit! :)

Great photo's Lyndee! What an experience it must have been.

Don't give up on the chef, show him these pictures and he'll succumb!

Wow, what an incredible experience you must have had Lyndee.
Just loved you description of your trip and the experience of the cruise as how well looked after you were by the crew.
Sorry about the marriage rejection, but hey, his loss... :happy: BTW, great photos, looking forward to seeing more... (y)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Just wow wow wow

The story and the pics

You should work for them as an ambassador
Or as a travel writer

You may have sold me
I am truly humbled, Randy; thank you sooo much! And you should go!!

Great photo's Lyndee! What an experience it must have been.

Don't give up on the chef, show him these pictures and he'll succumb!
LOLOL!

And would you believe that since I've been home, I haven't cooked a thing? I keep hoping that he'll just magically show up in my kitchen with one of his fine creations! :D Thank you, Kris!

Wow, what an incredible experience you must have had Lyndee.
Just loved you description of your trip and the experience of the cruise as how well looked after you were by the crew.
Sorry about the marriage rejection, but hey, his loss... :happy: BTW, great photos, looking forward to seeing more... (y)
Thanks, Wally - I really appreciate it!

We need to see more images!! Please! I was in Antarctica in 2010 - it was the trip of a lifetime and somewhere I'd wanted to go for decades. I never tire of seeing images from there especially as I'm not likely to go back - sooo many other parts of the world to see, including the Arctic!

Don, the chef was a 5-star looker :ROFLMAO:
Yes, indeed, Nick. Lyndee's experience reminds me of when I was on assignment in Sydney, and was overwhelmed by an attractive Irish lass who just happened to co-own my favorite Irish pub with her husband. With her drop dead gorgeous looks and Irish accent, I was a goner. No doubt, revenue seriously dropped when I completed my assignment and returned home.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
We need to see more images!! Please! I was in Antarctica in 2010 - it was the trip of a lifetime and somewhere I'd wanted to go for decades. I never tire of seeing images from there especially as I'm not likely to go back - sooo many other parts of the world to see, including the Arctic!
Truly, it was an incredible experience, wasn't it?

I'll put up some photos by tomorrow! :)

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Yes, indeed, Nick. Lyndee's experience reminds me of when I was on assignment in Sydney, and was overwhelmed by an attractive Irish lass who just happened to co-own my favorite Irish pub with her husband. With her drop dead gorgeous looks and Irish accent, I was a goner. No doubt, revenue seriously dropped when I completed my assignment and returned home.
LOLOL!!!

The chef had these beautiful sky blue eyes, and when he spoke...

Sigh... :joyful:

I found myself making up stuff to ask him, LOL! :p

This is one destination very high on our list but the cost has always been an issue but we just have to bite the bullet I guess. It seems you had a wonderful time and I hope to see some more amazing pictures.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom