Lyndee's Last Continent - Antarctica!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
This is one destination very high on our list but the cost has always been an issue but we just have to bite the bullet I guess. It seems you had a wonderful time and I hope to see some more amazing pictures.
Kees, this was the most expensive vacation I've ever taken, but it was worth every penny I spent. With the discounts I received from Quark, the final amount came in under five figures, and given the destination, I was comfortable with the price. If you can, please go, as you will never regret it. And, thank you!

I am truly humbled, Randy; thank you sooo much! And you should go!!

LOLOL!

And would you believe that since I've been home, I haven't cooked a thing? I keep hoping that he'll just magically show up in my kitchen with one of his fine creations! :D Thank you, Kris!

Thanks, Wally - I really appreciate it!

You are clearly in need of his assistance then, lure him in with your smile and photo's :)

The disadvantage of NikonCafé is that the forum is huge and I always have a feeling I can only read 10% of it. But oh my, I'm a happy I found this thread! Amazing pictures and I can believe it was a super experience! Antartica is on my bucket list for sure. Thanks for sharing. :)

Btw be glad the cook turned you down, or you would be eating wienerschnitzels for the rest of your life. ;) :p

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
The disadvantage of NikonCafé is that the forum is huge and I always have a feeling I can only read 10% of it. But oh my, I'm a happy I found this thread! Amazing pictures and I can believe it was a super experience! Antartica is on my bucket list for sure. Thanks for sharing. :)

Btw be glad the cook turned you down, or you would be eating wienerschnitzels for the rest of your life. ;) :p
Antarctica should be on everyone's bucket and I cannot recommend it highly enough!

And wait - wienerschnitzels??:eek:

Ehhhh...perhaps I need to rethink my offer of marriage! :D

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Wow Lyndee - can't believe I missed this thread.
What a fantastic trip and amazing images - thanks a lot for sharing your story and images (y)
Many thanks, Morten- I was happy to share my experience with you and the rest of the Cafe. I had a wonderful time!

The photos are enjoyable together with the narrative we could almost be there with you (I wish) as the chef turned you down do we have to learn to cook to get your attention can already do simple dishes LoL

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
The photos are enjoyable together with the narrative we could almost be there with you (I wish) as the chef turned you down do we have to learn to cook to get your attention can already do simple dishes LoL
Why, yes - if you all would learn to cook, everyone could take turns preparing my meals. What a great idea! :p

And thank you, Pawl!

Kees, this was the most expensive vacation I've ever taken, but it was worth every penny I spent. With the discounts I received from Quark, the final amount came in under five figures, and given the destination, I was comfortable with the price. If you can, please go, as you will never regret it. And, thank you!

Our trip to the Falklands last year brought us very close to Antarctica already and my wallet is still recovering. I'm not sure it will survive a second assault like this :)

Lyndee, I'm so glad I found this thread. What an amazing trip you had. I don't think I will ever be able to go there although I would love to do it. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your photos. Do you have any more posted? I don't want to miss any of them!!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Lyndee, I'm so glad I found this thread. What an amazing trip you had. I don't think I will ever be able to go there although I would love to do it. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your photos. Do you have any more posted? I don't want to miss any of them!!
Thank you so very much, Terri! Outside of the Part II thread, I don't have any more up yet, as I've been working on my photos from Buenos Aires. I'll try and put some more up soon, though!

Lyndee... what a trip!
You have shared so much of your enthusiasm on this trip...
& these pictures are wonderful.
As for marriage, ah wienershnitzels!
...a great institution, and there is someone who would probably love
to travel with you, and cook for you! :)
I have really enjoyed your stories and the wonderful pictures!!! :joyful:

Looking forward to more.....

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Lyndee... what a trip!
You have shared so much of your enthusiasm on this trip...
& these pictures are wonderful.
As for marriage, ah wienershnitzels!
...a great institution, and there is someone who would probably love
to travel with you, and cook for you! :)
I have really enjoyed your stories and the wonderful pictures!!! :joyful:

Looking forward to more.....
Thank you, Chayelle! I appreciate the comments very much and I had the most amazing time!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
What an awesome adventure Lyndee, and such a great report of your trip. Happy you had a successful fun trip. I had been waiting for your post and have no idea how I missed it.
No worries, Tom and thank you - it really was an awesome adventure!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom