Critique Lyndee's Mushroom Soup

A couple days ago Lyndee posted a photo of her mushroom soup and a recipe at Lyndee's 52 Week Project - 2019 (Week 10). I fixed it for lunch today and it was quick, easy and absolutely delicious!

Recipe
I used information from the recipe Lyndee provided in her thread to make a broth-based soup made of chicken stock and a dry but very fruity white wine that was then thickened with corn starch. I sauteed the onions, mushrooms and herbs in olive oil before adding the broth.

Setup
The tabletop is a floor tile. The pan is on a silicon trivet. The spoon was held in place by a clamp on a flexible arm connected to a super clamp mounted onto the edge of the tabletop.Two small continuous-light lamps fitted with a diffusion sock above the scene, one slightly on the left and the other one more to the right, brightly lit the rims of the pan and spoon.

Mike 2019-03-13--003-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
You made it! :D :D :D :D :D

Yours looks absolutely delicious, Mike and I am so happy you liked it. Like you, I sauteed the onions and mushrooms, only I used truffle oil. I also added some porcini mushroom powder that I had on hand.

I usually don't make the same thing two weeks in a row, but I am definitely making the soup again this weekend; that's how much I liked it.

Well done!! :p

Latest threads

Top Bottom