M.J.'s Fascinating Thailand

Real Name
Randy
you live in a very photogenic place.

Can you start some separate threads so we can see more. This long running thread is hard to follow.

Some excellent photos here. Very impressive sharpness and color from that Z50. Did you do much post processing on them?

I agree with Randy's comment about separate threads.

Nice set of photos! There's lots to shoot in Thailand. In fact I think some of the best new street photographers are Thai and it's probably due to so many interesting visuals to shoot!

Real Name
Michael J.
Some excellent photos here. Very impressive sharpness and color from that Z50. Did you do much post processing on them?

I agree with Randy's comment about separate threads.
Thank you. I did just a bit pp, I set picture control to Portrait and active daylight to A, even it doesn't effect RAW, ( I shoot RAW), when I import into Lightroom the camera settings are in the RAW file embedded. So pp has a good starting point such as mostly crop, Highlights reduce, and maybe WB changes. and add texture.

When I got the z50 last Saturday I did some quick test-shoots. In LR I was not happy that much compared to my Oly Rawfiles. But then I saw that all settings, that time settings by default, were embedded. So I did test of all Picture Control presets and for me the Portrait worked the best. I just changed after that Temple shoots Active Daylight off, cos I need shadows in the shadow. Active Daylight did a good job and lightened it up, but
to much for my taste.

Thank you. I did just a bit pp, I set picture control to Portrait and active daylight to A, even it doesn't effect RAW, ( I shoot RAW), when I import into Lightroom the camera settings are in the RAW file embedded. So pp has a good starting point such as mostly crop, Highlights reduce, and maybe WB changes. and add texture.

When I got the z50 last Saturday I did some quick test-shoots. In LR I was not happy that much compared to my Oly Rawfiles. But then I saw that all settings, that time settings by default, were embedded. So I did test of all Picture Control presets and for me the Portrait worked the best. I just changed after that Temple shoots Active Daylight off, cos I need shadows in the shadow. Active Daylight did a good job and lightened it up, but
to much for my taste.

That is very interesting. I didn't think Lightroom could understand Nikon Picture Controls.

Latest threads

Top Bottom