M O R E hummer pics.............4 pics

Great shots Keith. I'll never get tired of seeing such beautiful images. :wink:

Very nice Keith! Are these all from your wilderness weekend? I saw a news item on the CBC internet site today about a bear walking through Edmonton. Did he follow you home? :) :) :)

Keep posting them they are great shots!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Frank........

Flew said:
thanks for the nice words, they are allot of fun to shoot and watch. Very entertaining.

Thanks Martin

kramp said:
Keep them coming Keith there such beauties.

Notice the fanning of the tale feathers, that was for your benefit they were trying to intimidate you, works with other hummers.

Martin
thanks. Well after my bear incident, the hummers never fazed me when fanning the tail feathers. LOL!!!

well

Philippe Roger said:
Wow! You've really mastered this difficult task. These are just brilliant! 8) :lol: How many flash guns involved?
Hi Philippe, how are you this fine morning. I use 4 speedlights, 1 on camera, 2 others on bird, and I used one on the background. Im shooting the speedlights in manual, give or take 1/16th power, so when shooting in daylight, you will get a black background as it is brighter than the ambient light. kind of cool actually............

hope that helps, thanks for looking
Keith

Thanks Dennis, yes this was from that same weekend, still have 5 GB's of photo's to process. LOL. thanks for looking

Harris, who would have thought, sure took a long time, but boy is it nice to have all that white stuff gone and water dethawed. Little things in life that make us happy!!! LOL

thanks

Incredible! What I love about digital is the fact that we can see things like this that we'd never see with the naked eye. Just keep 'em coming, we'll let you know when we're tired of them, Keith!
I wish I didn't live so far 'downtown' that I never get to see hummers, etc. One hummer in 20 years in my garden. Guess I'll just have to sit and watch yours with pleasure!

I sure don't tire of photos like that! I see why you posted that shot...even w/the tail cut off it was still wonderful! I'd say I was jealous of the opportunity you had to shoot such beautiful creatures, but instead I'll just say I appreciate you sharing your shots w/us....thanks Keith! They truly are a treat!

Keith R. said:
:D still processing. LOL............ hope I dont inundate you, just say when........
WHEN, WHEN, MORE, MORE :lol: :lol:

These are grand, how close were you to these birds? I don't know why, but the last two just bring a huge grin to my face. As to cutting off the tail, I was so focused on the rest of the bird it didn't bother me at all.

Super stuff.....

Hi Sandy

TOLady said:
Incredible! What I love about digital is the fact that we can see things like this that we'd never see with the naked eye. Just keep 'em coming, we'll let you know when we're tired of them, Keith!
I wish I didn't live so far 'downtown' that I never get to see hummers, etc. One hummer in 20 years in my garden. Guess I'll just have to sit and watch yours with pleasure!
i too wish I lived closer to these little guys, had to drive 8 hours for these shots, but it was worth the trip!!! thanks for looking and the nice comments

Keith

Hi Leigh

Leigh said:
I sure don't tire of photos like that! I see why you posted that shot...even w/the tail cut off it was still wonderful! I'd say I was jealous of the opportunity you had to shoot such beautiful creatures, but instead I'll just say I appreciate you sharing your shots w/us....thanks Keith! They truly are a treat!
thanks for taking the time to look and provide the nice comments, truly appreciated. That one with the tail cut off is one of my fav's so far, cant put my finger on why yet. LOL I wish we had them native around where I live, know where I want to go again next year. LOL................with no bears this time that is.......

take care
Keith

Hi Bill

Retief said:
Keith R. said:
:D still processing. LOL............ hope I dont inundate you, just say when........
WHEN, WHEN, MORE, MORE :lol: :lol:

These are grand, how close were you to these birds? I don't know why, but the last two just bring a huge grin to my face. As to cutting off the tail, I was so focused on the rest of the bird it didn't bother me at all.

Super stuff.....
Hows it going! Hope all is well..........I was approx 7.5ft from the birdies, really neat to watch, some times I would get mesmorized and forgot to shoot. LOL................ with the 500d canon close up filter on the 70-200mm VR i was max 2ft way- think focusing plane is around 22 inches....get a crink in the neck, trust me.............but it was fun :lol:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom