M O R E hummer pics.............4 pics

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, May 25, 2005.

1. :D still processing. LOL............ hope I dont inundate you, just say when........

original.

original.

cut the tail off, but like the pose

original.

original.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots Keith. I'll never get tired of seeing such beautiful images. :wink:

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots Keith. I'll never get tired of seeing such beautiful images. :wink:

4. Keep them coming Keith there such beauties.

Notice the fanning of the tale feathers, that was for your benefit they were trying to intimidate you, works with other hummers.

Martin

5. Wow! You've really mastered this difficult task. These are just brilliant! 8) :lol: How many flash guns involved?

6. Keep them coming Keith there such beauties.

Notice the fanning of the tale feathers, that was for your benefit they were trying to intimidate you, works with other hummers.

Martin

7. Very nice Keith! Are these all from your wilderness weekend? I saw a news item on the CBC internet site today about a bear walking through Edmonton. Did he follow you home? :) :) :)

Keep posting them they are great shots!

8. awesome stuff keith. good to see you've thawed out up there.

9. Hi Frank........

thanks for the nice words, they are allot of fun to shoot and watch. Very entertaining.

10. Thanks Martin

thanks. Well after my bear incident, the hummers never fazed me when fanning the tail feathers. LOL!!!

11. well

Hi Philippe, how are you this fine morning. I use 4 speedlights, 1 on camera, 2 others on bird, and I used one on the background. Im shooting the speedlights in manual, give or take 1/16th power, so when shooting in daylight, you will get a black background as it is brighter than the ambient light. kind of cool actually............

hope that helps, thanks for looking
    Keith

12. Thanks Dennis, yes this was from that same weekend, still have 5 GB's of photo's to process. LOL. thanks for looking

Harris, who would have thought, sure took a long time, but boy is it nice to have all that white stuff gone and water dethawed. Little things in life that make us happy!!! LOL

thanks

13. Incredible! What I love about digital is the fact that we can see things like this that we'd never see with the naked eye. Just keep 'em coming, we'll let you know when we're tired of them, Keith!
    I wish I didn't live so far 'downtown' that I never get to see hummers, etc. One hummer in 20 years in my garden. Guess I'll just have to sit and watch yours with pleasure!

14. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Wonderful shots, Keith! I never get tired of seeing the hummer photos, so keep em coming!

15. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I sure don't tire of photos like that! I see why you posted that shot...even w/the tail cut off it was still wonderful! I'd say I was jealous of the opportunity you had to shoot such beautiful creatures, but instead I'll just say I appreciate you sharing your shots w/us....thanks Keith! They truly are a treat!

16. WHEN, WHEN, MORE, MORE :lol: :lol:

These are grand, how close were you to these birds? I don't know why, but the last two just bring a huge grin to my face. As to cutting off the tail, I was so focused on the rest of the bird it didn't bother me at all.

Super stuff.....

17. Hi Sandy

i too wish I lived closer to these little guys, had to drive 8 hours for these shots, but it was worth the trip!!! thanks for looking and the nice comments

Keith

18. Hi Leigh

thanks for taking the time to look and provide the nice comments, truly appreciated. That one with the tail cut off is one of my fav's so far, cant put my finger on why yet. LOL I wish we had them native around where I live, know where I want to go again next year. LOL................with no bears this time that is.......

take care
    Keith

19. Hi Bill

Hows it going! Hope all is well..........I was approx 7.5ft from the birdies, really neat to watch, some times I would get mesmorized and forgot to shoot. LOL................ with the 500d canon close up filter on the 70-200mm VR i was max 2ft way- think focusing plane is around 22 inches....get a crink in the neck, trust me.............but it was fun :lol: