M1 SSD write problems

People may find this interesting.
I can’t remember if he concludes that is a worry or not.
I watched it too late at night.

D

Deleted member 4116

From what i've read, they should be able to fix some of the issues with an OS update but in general, all flash devices will run into a problem such as this at some point. I mean, most of us are here because of photography and we've all likely gone through our fair share of memory cards...it's the same issue.

The apple M1 is more specific which is why I think they can fix at least some of it but it's a very intriguing situation to be in right now. If worse comes to worse I can always create a bootable USB-C drive to "replace" the storage but at the end of the day Apple needs to do better.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Biggest issue is this part is soldered into the board, you cannot just swap out a new SSD drive.

SSD drives have finite life spans, they should be able to be upgraded or replaced. Planned obsolescence.

D

Deleted member 4116

Absolutely, but they've been soldered/non-user replaceable since 2013 so this isn't anything new in the scheme of things. Something weird is happening with the M1's so hopefully they can fix it.

I have had no issues with my 13" M1 MBP, but then again, I haven't used it all that heavily and mainly just for browsing the internet, reading forum threads and writing posts, that kind of thing, rather than any sort of extensive tasks. I've processed a few images on it just to see how well it would do and it's nearly as fast as my 2018 MBP with 32 GB RAM, which is pleasing.

Latest threads

Top Bottom