M39 to F-mount

Does anyone know where I can get an adapter like that?
I know a company that makes custom adapters, but maybe they are readily available somewhere.

Any hint would be appreciated.

Cheers

Harry,

If it doesn't work out with Don try searching eBay for "M39 Nikon". You'll find a couple of adapters. You might also try a Nikon to T-Mount adapter plus a 42mm to 39mm bushing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all! The problem is that there are plenty adapters to use Nikkors on other bodies but not M39-lenses on a Nikon body. Same goes for T2-adapters.

I already sent a PM to Don.

Thanks again and cheers

Digging up an ancient thread here. I searched around on ebay and found there's M39 to F mount adapters, but they seem to indicate a loss of infinity focus. Has anybody used one of these adapters? How severe is this loss of infinity focus? What ends up being the minimum focus distance?

I was going through my photo box in the basement, and I started playing around with my grandfather's old Zorky 3C camera. Up until last night, I thought it was just a fixed lens rangefinder. Well, last night I discovered that wasn't true, that it's an M39 mount rangefinder and it has a Jupiter 8 50 f/2 lens on it. The ebay M39 -> Nikon F mount adapters don't seem to cost a whole lot, I'm wondering whether it's worth getting one to try putting that lens on my D90 for a fun experiment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's really an old thread :smile:

Oddly enough, meanwhile, there are adapters for almost everything.

I have now plenty of them, including those which I searched for when I started this thread.

The reason for loosing infinity focus is that Nikon has a larger registry distance than virtually all other camera brands. I mostly use these adapters to adapt lenses for macro use. Recently, I even managed to find solutions to reverse-mount an EL-Nikkor 75/4 on my D3 and on a Novoflex bellows, respectively. The EL-Nikkor has a 40.5mm filter thread, so I needed altogether two adapters, one step-down ring and the BR-2a to be able to use it on both combinations.

There are special adapters with an additional lens built in that allow you to gain infinity focus but I have never tried those and thus do not know if it has some adverse effect on image quality.

Cheers

That's really an old thread :smile:

Oddly enough, meanwhile, there are adapters for almost everything.

I have now plenty of them, including those which I searched for when I started this thread.

The reason for loosing infinity focus is that Nikon has a larger registry distance than virtually all other camera brands. I mostly use these adapters to adapt lenses for macro use. Recently, I even managed to find solutions to reverse-mount an EL-Nikkor 75/4 on my D3 and on a Novoflex bellows, respectively. The EL-Nikkor has a 40.5mm filter thread, so I needed altogether two adapters, one step-down ring and the BR-2a to be able to use it on both combinations.

There are special adapters with an additional lens built in that allow you to gain infinity focus but I have never tried those and thus do not know if it has some adverse effect on image quality.

Cheers
I'm guessing there would be some image quality loss with the built in lens adapter. That would also drive the cost up for what is essentially something I'm playing around with.

How far can you focus with the M39 -> Nikon adapter? Are we talking macro distance only (.5 to 1m)? Or several meters where a portrait would be feasible? I have several macro lenses already, so I'm not necessarily looking for yet another. Would be interesting to take a few people shots with it though, especially if the adapter only costs $10 or so!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom