MA: Hudson balloon festival -- Sat 8/9

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by BostonRott, Aug 5, 2008.

1. I am thinking of going to this, anyone else interested? Probably evening would be better, in order to catch the glow. :smile:

http://www.hudsonelks.com/

2. Hot Air Ballon Festival, Hudson, MA

Hot Air Balloon Festival

The Hudson Elks Club, in association with the Hudson Public Library, will host the annual hot air balloon festival at 99 Park St., Hudson. Also Aug. 10. On Saturday and Sunday morning, the balloons are scheduled to ascend at 6 a.m., weather permitting. Also on Saturday afternoon, some of the balloons will offer tethered rides to the public, and there will be a “balloon glow” on the field at dusk. The field will reopen at 2 p.m. for an afternoon of festivities for the entire family.

3. (Two threads merged :smile:) .

4. Anyone else interested in this??

5. Hi Gretchen.

I may be interested in going to this. Also, there is the Wachusett resevoir nearby where my friend says is a nice waterfall (I have to follow up on that one though). It's pretty early in the AM. I guess it doesn't matter since I drove out to the Berkshires at midnight last weekend to shoot a waterfall there for sunrise. I think the wife would get up early to go something like this. hahaha.

You can IM me or email me: MSN: nikonnut@live.com, AIM: iNikondslr or my email ik8@me.com if I don't get back to you on here.

Check out my new photo gallery (I bought a iMac):http://gallery.mac.com/nikondslr300#100008&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=2

6. Will do Kriss!

Did you go shoot Bash Bish? That's about 4mi from my in-laws. :smile:

7. Hi Gretchen, I'm 99% gonna go, probably go up around 5:30AM. There are a couple of guys from Nikonians that are going as well...hope to see you there!

8. Hmmm...............that sounds like fun! :)  Are you meeting somewhere in particular? Or just look for a crew of guys with Nikons? :biggrin:

9. just meeting up there, no specific meeting place, don't think it's too large an area.

2 of the guys are here

and another guy is here

10. Hey Chris, Hope to see you there too. I'll have to start out about 3:30AM to get there in time but it should be cool. I haven't shot balloons in a long time.

11. i can't wait to see these images
    good luck
    and great shooting everyone

12. As long as they don't cancel

It has been raining cats and dogs here for days. Rain is predicted for tomorrow too. I am crossing my fingers that in the morning, it will hold off for a few hours so everyone can have fun.

13. The weather report I just pulled up on Weather.com looks pretty good for tomorrow, and especially for the "glow" tomorrow evening! :smile:

Well, I'm off to bed, hope to be up early to be out there! :biggrin:

(PS. If I make it for the morning, James will be with me.....just look for someone wearing a gigantic 4mos old! :biggrin:) 

14. hey, that's great, Kriss, def come up, Sat is the better of the two days (weather-wise).

15. What a great morning it turned out to be! :biggrin: Started out with some serious fog, and balloonists thinking they would only tether, for lack of good vis for landings. However, around 7:30, the sun broke through, and balloons were able to take off.

Met up with Kriss and Chris, look forward to going back late this afternoon for the glow tonight! :smile:

16. hey Gretchen, nice to meet you and James! And Kriss, you too...it was a lot of fun, should have a few pics up soon, especially of the guy who went up sans basket...will try to see you tonight.

BTW, if you guys want some ice cream and eats, continue past the turnoff for the Elks, and go into the rotary, follow 62 towards Stow. There's a Dairy Joy (sister to the one in Weston) a couple of miles on your left near the Assabet bike trail, they have a great vanilla/orange creamsicle soft serve...yum.

17. I missed that guy! :eek:  Look forward to seeing your shots. :smile: I'm off to gymnastics shortly, so no shots here for a few hours. Did get some fun ones right as I was leaving, they flew right over my car! :biggrin:

18. i hope so, too

19. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    i actually foud out about this thru some other means but it was nice to meet a couple members and take some great pics nad get a ton of advice!! ill be posting pics soon 8 hrs sleep in three days slows the processing time

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.