1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

MA LL State Championships

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by GeoffBolte, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Well like the title says, MA State Championships in Worcester, MA. The games started a day later than planned due to torential downpours yesterday. Was a little tough as I had the sun towards me as I was covering from the 3rd base side and the guy I was working with was on the 1st. Here are a few shots from the 2 games from today. Will be shooting 2 more tomorrow.

Enjoy!

MA_State_Tourny_0005.

MA_State_Tourny_0023.

MA_State_Tourny_0032.

MA_State_Tourny_0054.

MA_State_Tourny_0170.

2. Peak action in each shot, nice work, that light in the last few looks really nice but must have been a challenge to handle. Were you shooting manually? Like the illusion of transparent pants on the pitcher.

3. Nice series, Geoff!

I know what you mean about the sun. Every game I've shot this season, including weekend games seems to start at 5 or 6 PM. By that time the sun is getting low, and shooting locations take a hit. The past two games every right handed batter has been backlit by the sun coming over his shoulders. I can get about two innings in before it becomes nearly impossible to get a good shot. Last night I focused mostly on pitchers and defensive plays.

4. Very nice Geoff, another screwy field placement, eh?

5. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Geoff, you did very well for the cards you were dealt

6. I think you caught the action nicely. Placement is always an issue but it looks like you did a good job compensating. and I love the expression on what looks to be the first baseman on that ground ball ! Here it comes! Lol

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Great action...I am really bad at baseball action shots...but I will try tomorrow - wish me luck. Again great shots.

8. Thanks everyone, will be posting some more baseball from yesterday shortly, was a long day of gymnastics today.

9. Love the last shot!

10. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Geoff, great job as always. Are you an Active D-lighting guy?

11. Tim, that was the first thing I turned off when I got the D300. I prefer to try to get it right in camera and if not do some subtle tweaks in PS or Lightroom.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.