1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

MA: New England Schutzhund championships

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by BostonRott, Aug 25, 2008.

1. So here's something different: the regional championships of the working dogs in New England. Schutzhund is German for 'protection dog.' The sport involves 3 phases: tracking, obedience, and protection work. The obedience performed is just amazing, and the protection work will knock your socks off.

The lower level dogs will trial on Saturday, the 'big guns' on Sunday (the SchH3 dogs).

Being that I used to compete in this sport, these guys are near and dear to my heart. There's even a Rottweiler entered. :tongue:

http://www.outkastschutzhundclub.com/OKSC%20Regionals/Welcome.htm

If you enjoy seeing a highly trained dog, you'll love this event!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

2. that looks interesting Gretchen. BTW, I saw an ad for the Pet Rock Festival on Sept 14th...not too far from you.

3. barphoto

barphoto

Jan 25, 2007
    Massachusetts
    My kind of event, unfortunately I am driving to Williamsburg for some R&R.
    Speaking of Pet Rock, there is also Barktoberfest the weekend of Sept 14 in Westford.
    and of course there is the AMRONE fundraiser weekend Camp n Pack in Tolland the first weekend in October.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.