Mac Air

Just got my first Mac, an Air. Great for portability and I`ve got it linked up to a wireless LAN, so its really great to use anywhere even on the sofa and bed! Learning the tricks take a little finding out, but fun!

Since this is now in the Apple forum, which is indeed where it should be (thanks to whoever moved it to the right place!), all is well.....

I've got the first-gen MacBook Air and I still love it, even though the newer ones can run circles around it and of course now also offer the option of the smaller 11" version. If I didn't have the iPad, which has picked up a lot of the responsibilities my MBA used to carry, I'd be lusting after one of those new ones now..... Terrific little computer, especially for traveling, whether it's around home, around town or around the world.....

Hi

And congrats to the new machine. The only thing I didn't like about the MacBook Air was the missing keyboard illumination. I was so annoyed that I sent it back and still rely on my iPad when I'm on the road. But if that is no concern for you, have fun, it's a great little device.

Best regards

Mattes

The only thing I didn't like about the MacBook Air was the missing keyboard illumination. I was so annoyed that I sent it back and still rely on my iPad when I'm on the road.

How can the lack of keyboard illumination could be such a drawback? I mean, even in complete darkness isn't the illumination coming from the screen is enough to see the keyboard?

This coming form an Apple user that has never had a backlit keyboard. :wink:

How can the lack of keyboard illumination could be such a drawback? I mean, even in complete darkness isn't the illumination coming from the screen is enough to see the keyboard?

This coming form an Apple user that has never had a backlit keyboard. :wink:

Once you had one backlit keyboard you'll never want to go back (as far as laptopkeyboards go :)...

It's great if you can't see the keys if you use a low backlit setting on the screen it's a saver :).

It is a nice feature, my wife and I was faced with this decision recently as she wanted an Air. Was torn between buying previous version with backlit keyboard or current one. We went with the current version due to the multi-touch trackpad.

This was more important than the keyboard.

Thanks for the comments all! The thread was moved my an administrator/moderator here. Right, the illuminated key board would be great! But I`m loving the machines portability.

I got a MacBook Air for my birthday. It's great as I am going back to school and I can put it in my handbag and take it to the library with me :)

Carole

D

Deleted member 4116

Once you had one backlit keyboard you'll never want to go back (as far as laptopkeyboards go :)...

It's great if you can't see the keys if you use a low backlit setting on the screen it's a saver :).

I have it on my MBP and never used it. I never look at my keys

Westlake Village, Ca. and 20 mi NW of Prescott, Az
Just got my first Mac, an Air. Great for portability and I`ve got it linked up to a wireless LAN, so its really great to use anywhere even on the sofa and bed! Learning the tricks take a little finding out, but fun!

Congrats on the new Air. I have 2 MBP's and a big MP. My next Mac will be an Air! :cool:

Didn't see if you mentioned it was an 11" or 13". ???

Oh, another vote for 'who cares about backlit keyboards!'

cheers
JohnG

I go the 11" as I only plan on using it for my classes, and figured it would be easier to tote to the library. At 2.3 lbs, it's the best.

I have to run Windows as we have to use Access for my courses, so I also got a 320GB MyPassport external drive, and I have Windows and Office Professional on there. I got my MacBook Air at B&H Photo as it was free shipping, no sales tax, and came with a free copy of Parallels 6 :) Can't beat that! So that's where my birthday monies went :)

Carole

Cant go wrong with a small screen either, a great choice I would say. Thanks for the comments everyone

I agree, Mike! I bought one at the same time I got my MacBook Air and it's great. It's the size of a CD jewel case, so you can fit it into any carrier bag if you need to take it with you. If not, you save on the extra weight. I LOVE my MBA.

Carole

Latest threads

Top Bottom