mac exif reader?

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by emidyl, May 16, 2007.

1. emidyl

emidyl

Jan 28, 2007
    GTA
    Just wondering what fellow Macheads use instead Opanda.
    Mason was good enough to read an NEF file for me to attain a shutter count but I've no luck with any type of program. I can see practically everything except the count with various apps such as Graphic Converter and PS file info.

2. rocrusso

rocrusso

Feb 15, 2007
    New Jersey
    maybe not what you are looking for, but you can get some EXIF through the finder, just select the file and go to the file menu and select "get info"
    then click the triangle next to "More Info"

linky for more how to...

3. Don't even have to do that. Just 'right click' or 'crtl' click on the file and choose get info.

4. This only works for files that are on your computer. It does not work for online images.

5. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Tim - does that version of Exif Viewer give the camera's shutter count? I've used it before and never saw that info. Did I miss it?

6. I can't seem to get the camera's shutter count from my pictures taken with my D2H. Maybe it's because I shoot Raw and convert it with my computer ?

7. Chris:

Yes, Exif Viewer will give you the shutter count - it says "Actuation Counter: 1402" for frame #1402. I will only work from a jpg file out of the camera, nothing RAW.

NOTE: I just ran several jpgs through this program and only one of them showed all the data that included the actuation counter - and it was from a dslr - the ones I threw at it from point-and-shoots did not work. That line is about fifth up from the bottom...