Mac magic mouse

The little scroll wheel on my 2006 magic mouse failed again. Actually the first one failed early and I did not use that computer much.
I bought a replacement mouse and have since started to use that computer more.

Same thing is happening to the replacement mouse. The scroll wheel becomes nonfunctional. They tell you to turn bottom side up and rotate to let the dirt out. That goes only so far. And not too far at that.

My solution is can of compressed air, C134a for A/C actually, and a quick spray around the wheel. Back in business.

Bless anyone who can actually take one of these apart. I have some spare parts for the next time I want to live dangerously. These are not made to come apart.

The next replacement will be a Mac wireless like the one that came with my 27". You do need snow leopard to work it though which I do have.

My advice is a generic mouse or SL+ wireless. The wireless is really slick.

The mouse to which you are referring is NOT the "Magic Mouse," as the MM has absolutely no scroll wheel at all. Just to clarify things, the mouse to which you're referring is the predecessor to the Magic Mouse, the Mighty Mouse. The Mighty Mouse came in both wired and wireless (BT) configurations. The Magic Mouse is wireless only.

Mighty mouse and a piece of paper. Turn mouse upside down and roll the heck out of the thing. This works for me but I only have to do it once a year or so.

Another BIG thumbs up for the Magic Mouse. Between the versatility and size, it's a perfect match for my MBP. One disadvantage I found is that battery life isn't all that good, but a set of rechargeables close by solves that problem.

Regards,
John

Magic mouse is cool..........
You can even monitor the battery level.....
Now how cool is that............

Cabin

Latest threads

Top Bottom