1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Mac The Vizsla

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by antsplan, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Mac, my 17 month old Hungarian Vizsla pup in Balloch Country Park, by Loch Lomond, Scotland

2673458611_2d289911c1_o.
    NIKON D300    ---    200mm    f/3.5    1/1600s    ISO 200

2673456863_ac52f2f505_o.

Both shot on D300 and 80-200mm AF

2. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    good looking dog and great captures, Anthony! Love the colors!

3. Oh my!!! What a handsome dog!
    I'm SERIOUSLY considering a Vizsla for my next dog, but they are not that popular here in the states and not easy to find.
    I mean, I can find a breeder, but there isn't much in ways of Vizsla communities out there.

But they seem like delightful dogs!
    I'd love to meet one in person.

Great shots and he's just a beautiful dog.:biggrin:

4. anthony
    those are 2 of the nicest vizsla pictures i've ever seen
    what a gorgeous dog
    i just LOVE this breed

please post more images when you can

5. Rebecca, thanks for the comments. The last time I was in NY I saw loads of Vizslak, I mean a real lot. if your really serious about the breed let me know and I can put you in touch with a few online communities.

They are a difficult breed as they require SO much attention/exercise but they give so much back also.

Best Wishes

Anthony

6. Mike thanks for taking the time to comment.

Greg, you always say the nicest things, thank you. Your gonna be sorry you asked for more pictures - LOL

7. Ah! Well, I have an American Pit Bull Terrier right now, so a LOT of exercise is something I'm used to.:biggrin:
    And I know some GREAT frozen kong recipes.:biggrin:

And as for being serious, I could not obtain a Viszla right this moment. Unfortunately, my current dog would have to have a lobotomy before I could even think of having another dog in my house. This dog would be a future dog for me, and I'd like to research now to see if a Viszla would be the right breed for me.
    I know of a reputable breeder in Illinois, but I cannot locate a Viszla community online. I'd love to talk to other owners to hear more about common health concerns, typical temperament and antics of the everyday Viszla.

And I, like Greg, am also requesting as many pics as possible of your handsome Mac.:smile:

8. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Magnificent colour coat! Looks to be a fine dog. Your pictures do him justice.

9. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Great shots. The Vizsla is a very athletic dog.

10. Fremlin

Fremlin

Jan 29, 2006
    Scotland
    Gorgeouse, I should let him meet Kyuss.

11. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Gorgeous!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.