Macbeth Color Checker

Discussion in 'People' started by Todd_D1x, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Todd_D1x

Todd_D1x

Feb 23, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Here is a side by side comparrision with and without the Macbeth color checker settings. The white, gray, and black points were set in the photo to the right while processing the Nef in capture. It takes all of the guesswork out of processing, all I did afterwards was sharpen it.... that's all. It saves me so much time. I had to pass this along to those who are interested.
    Todd

original.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Powerful argument for using this tool. I'll be doing some reading, and probably ordering, about this tool and process this week-end.

Thanks Todd!!

3. Pretty impressive Todd. Please give me a blow by blow of how you used the Gretag Macbeth color checker and at what stage of the processing.

4. Todd_D1x

Todd_D1x

Feb 23, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Okay, go here to read all about it, you can still get the same results by normal processing, but this is immeadiate as far as processing is concerned. Here is the link: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=12410544

Let me know what you think about it.

Todd

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Todd,

I think it is a very nice write-up of your post processing procedure, and I appreciate your taking the time to post the link.

Now I have a somewhat unrelated question. What is the font that you used in your sig thumbnail, and where did you get it?

Thanks,

Frank