MacBook Pro fully tricked out $1200 off.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Pa, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    Looking at the specks of the Mack that you posted Jim it isn't a high end one.
    Mike

• 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core-------------------------- 1. 3 or 4GHz i7 would be much better. old teck.
    • 16GB of 2133 MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD------------------ 2. 2133 MHz is slow by today's standards. A speed of over 2400MHz would be better.
    • 15.4" 2880 x 1800 Retina Display------------------------- 3. I am not sure of as I use intel PC's
    • AMD Radeon Pro 460 GPU (4GB GDDR5)----------------- 4. This is an old processor and not very powerful.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sorry, Mike; I don't keep up with the specs, but I still think it's a good deal at $1200 off.

3. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    I agree - good deal. Thanks for posting.

4. I agree, and for most of us that is a very well equipped MBP.

5. Full disclosure: I picked this up from Thom Hogan's page.

6. We still like ya, Jim :D 

7. The specs are old because the machine is a late 2016 MacBook Pro. This version has probably been sitting around in the B&H warehouse and they want to unload it. There is a newer model which came out in 2017. I'd be a bit leery of this one because the 2016 MBPs have had problems with the keyboard. The 2017 ones don't seem to be as problematic, so Apple has apparently remedied the issue.

8. Hey, Jim, not to worry -- it IS a darned good price and if someone lives outside the state of NY they'll also get the thing tax-free and with free shipping, so that's something to consider, too. The screens on the 2016 and 2017 models are gorgeous and the portability is much better than the somewhat heavier, thicker 2015 MBPs. Sleek and elegant.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.