1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Maccers with the 16-85VRII....

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by soxOZ, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Well with any new lens I get, my Golden's (Mac & Maesie) are usually my first test models. Actually they do most of the modeling, guess it's because the work for cookies...:biggrin:
    I got the 16-85 VRII a little while back but really haven't had the chance to use it all that much and try out the VR .
    I originally got it to use as a walk around lens for my D300, but wanted to see how it worked on my D80 which usually has the 18-70 fitted.

Well I have been extremely happy with the IQ and sharpness this lens can produce but even more happy with how well the VRII works at slow shutter speeds as the shot below of Maccers was at 1/15 sec (hand held).
    BTW, this photo has been cropped approx 20%.

Well here's a sample of Maccers using VR shot inside my garage with natural light...
    D80, 16-85 @70mm, 1/15sec, f/5.6, EV-0.3, ISO125

3800350587_825e41ea44_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I didn't know whether to post this here or in the lens lust, but seeing my model was Maccers, this to me was the appropriate area to post it...:rolleyes: :biggrin::biggrin:

2. Super color. Nice relaxed shot. That face has so much wisdom.

3. rrx3

rrx3

Jun 14, 2008
    Wiltshire, UK
    Wow... lovely shot!

4. ChrisC

ChrisC

Jan 7, 2008
    Maryland
    ohhhhh, that is so nice, love the detail in his eyes, nice job. Very rich colors, and nice depth of field. I know what you mean about being cheap models, and always ready!

5. mvnsnd

mvnsnd

Jul 12, 2008
    Western NY
    Nice photo. The 16-85 is my lens of choice. Mostly because it's my only choice at that focal length. :biggrin: Seriously, it's a great lens.

6. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    VERY nice detail and color, well done!

7. memphis

memphis

Aug 6, 2006
    pretty dog! great detail in the shot too

8. Nice Wally.
    It looks like Maccers is thinking "oh no, here we go again, he got a new lens..."
    :smile:

9. Hi Samuel,
    You know, I really wish Maccer's could talk to me with the facial expressions he shows me….

Thanks Gary,
    I’m glad you liked the shot and took time to comment… Much appreciated…

Hey Chris, yes Maccer’s is one very accommodating pooch when it comes to having his photo taken… You could almost say he's a camera hog...:rolleyes: ..
    And he's my top model and as you know… Works for treats…:rolleyes:  LOL…:biggrin::biggrin:

Hi Jeff… LOL… :biggrin:
    Well don’t feel bad as if you had to be stuck with one lens at that focal length, the 16-85 is one that’s worth being stuck with…
    I have been extremely impressed with the IQ from it…

Hi Lisa,
    Thanks, and glad you found the shot good enough to comment on…
    I really appreciate it…:smile:

Thanks Memphis,
    With Mac I just can’t seem to take a bad shot of him…
    I think the IQ detail this lens produces does make it a keeper…

Hi Joe,
    LOL… Yeah you’re right, and was probably thinking that here he is sitting on a dirty piece of carpet in the garage and what the hell was I doing out there with my camera in the first place…
    Well I had to go somewhere with low light and try out this VR, and have to say I was very impressed with it.

10. Nice picture, color is great

He's got that ..Oh your pointing that thing at me look.. that I've seen from by GSD..

Karl

11. Karl:
    LOL... I think that there has been many a time when I'm sure that he was thinking just that as I have been all over him with the camera and a lens right in his face....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.