MacPhun Intensity Pro

Have you heard of it? I found it when MacPhun offered a freebie through Kelby, Snapheal. It's a 'content aware' type plugin. Anywho, I like their Intensify Pro. Check it out. It's pretty useful. However, it's Mac exclusive. All their plugins are on sale now. No connection, just a customer.

I have been looking at them, undecided at this point. I use the NIK plug ins, and was wondering if Intensify Pro was much different form what I could get form color efex Pro 4. At first I though I wouldn't need Snapheal since I have Perfect Photo Suite 8, but that is turning out to be unusable.

I've been using Intensify Pro for a couple of months now, and I like it quite a bit. It can be used as a stand alone application, or as a plug-in with PS, PSE, LR, or Aperture. I let Aperture do my initial adjustments, then export the image to Intensify. I generally start with one of the preset effects, then tailor whichever effect I've chosen to my own tastes. Intensify Pro makes life easier by allowing you to select favourite effects or to create your own and save them.

I too use Intensity Pro quite often and find it can do an amazing job on many of the images... especially sharpening landscapes! Very nice little product!

I'm also a user of the MacPhun suite, and if you're using intensity Pro check out the layers. I believe you're restricted to 5 layers, unlike AuroraHDR which is unlimited, but 5 is generally plenty for what I do. Unfortunately I find the masking tool doesn't do a very good job with edge detection, but with a bit of practice and use of the eraser it works well enough.

When I'm processing alot of images say from a holiday, I find Perfectly Clear is quicker and easier for me.

Latest threads

Top Bottom