MacPro and Epson R2400 Problems

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by tipsord, Aug 23, 2008.

1. tipsord

tipsord

Sep 17, 2007
    scottsdale
    OK, so I'm new to this Mac thing. I was loving it, until I tried to print a photo with my R2400. This must be something really stupid. I'm printing out of CS3. I go to File>Print and then Page Set up to choose my R2400, paper size, and then orientation. Hit OK to get out of Page Set up. Then choose the R2400 from the main page and hit the Print button to get to the next set of menus. Here is where I have problems. Both the epson manual and my S Kelby book then say to hit Print Settings from the pop up menu to pick details like paper type, quality of print, color management, etc. But I don't have the option to hit Print Settings. Print Settings is not in any of the pop up menus. What am I missing? The manual says you may have to hit Advanced. There is no advance button either. I'm feeling pretty stupid. Any thoughts?

P.S. Though I might have an old driver so went to Epson and downloaded a new driver. That didn't do it either. I'm about to pull my hair out (and I don't have much left):eek: 

2. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I wonder if you have the Gutenprint driver installed despite your efforts to install the latest Epson one. I just checked my R2400 driver on my Mac Pro and the Print Settings option is there.

3. tipsord

tipsord

Sep 17, 2007
    scottsdale
    Sure do. I have the Gutenprint v5.1.3 as a driver. Guess I will try again to download the driver from the epson web site. Thanks!!!!!

4. tipsord

tipsord

Sep 17, 2007
    scottsdale
    Still Having Problems

I downloaded the new driver from the Epson site but the old driver is still being used. How do I point to the new driver? Any idea where the new driver is placed when you download/install it?

5. tipsord

tipsord

Sep 17, 2007
    scottsdale
    What is the name of the driver that I should be using? I changed it to EPSON Stylus Photo R2400 ver 6.12 and still no option to choose printer settings.

6. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
  7. tipsord

tipsord

Sep 17, 2007
    scottsdale
    That did it John. Thanks for the help!

8. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Glad you are up and running!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.