Macro attempt

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by _Jorge_, Jul 15, 2007.

1. _Jorge_

_Jorge_

Jul 3, 2007
    Thailand
    Hi,

I bought my 1st macro lens few weeks ago but didn't have much time to play with, macro it's a bit more difficult than I was expecting and my "keep rate" is very low and my technique very poor. How can I improve? Your comments are of great help. Also, anyone can ID this insect?

Picture taken today, hand held, Nikon D80, Tamron AF SP 90mm 2.8 DI Macro, Manual Focus, Center Weight, ISO200, 1/125, F25, SB600. Full exif attached and no PP just resized.

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

2. snakeman

snakeman

Feb 26, 2006
    UK
    very nice for ya first macro..great choice of lens too.

3. _Jorge_

_Jorge_

Jul 3, 2007
    Thailand
    Thank you very much for the kind comments Stuart.

Cheers.

4. jasonlawton

jasonlawton Guest

5. _Jorge_

_Jorge_

Jul 3, 2007
    Thailand
    Wow! Superb! Many, many thanks for the link... Amazing pics! Wow! Thats a very fine work. And thank you very much for your kind comment Jason.

6. Nice shot Jorge! And starting out quite well for your first macro...

(And the link Jason sent, some bugs and other such, quite interesting...)

7. Great job, Jorge. I just referred to your comment about the "keep rate" being low with macro, in my latest contribution. I heartily agree with you. You did a wonderful job keeping the entire subject in focus. Thanks for sharing.

8. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Good job. As far as increasing the keep rate just think sturdy tripod, self timer or remote or release. Mirror lock up or exposure delay. Pick a day without wind and subjects that don't move or only very slowly. Nothing gets the wind going like a macro photographer!!:biggrin:

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very good
    I would not have a clue to get images like that...lol

10. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    That is the macro lens I'm looking at getting. I see I am on the right track with this one!