Macro Bots!

G

Gr8Tr1x

I decided to fire up the camera and point it at something tonight...just wasn't sure what I wanted to shoot. I had these little robots on my computer monitor, so I decided I'd shoot them in some sort of futuristic environment. Years ago, I used them for a photo class project on movement. I wound them up and let them have a race while I photographed them with my N50 and some TriX. I still have that photo somewhere... back then they raced on aluminum foil...today these guys are standing tall on some old CD's I had sitting around.

Lit with three sb600's with other CD's for fill. D200, 105mm VR.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

G

Gr8Tr1x

I did an engagment session for the son of one of my co-workers last Fall. We shot this at the Hospital that I work at. We were headed back from a wooded area, when I saw the sunset reflecting off the pond like this. I hurriedly unpacked a sb600 and umbrella and set it up to camera right and fired off this shot....I think it works well. The lens was probably the Sigma 30mm 1.4, IIRC.

WOW!!!!!!! That engagement shot is stunning, and I just love your creativity in shooting the robots. I *wish* I had creativity like that!! :smile:

M

Mitchell-Krog

The robot shots are great, number 3 is my favorite ... I like the movement. The engagement shot is also stunning.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom