Macro Bots!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gr8Tr1x, May 11, 2007.

1. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I decided to fire up the camera and point it at something tonight...just wasn't sure what I wanted to shoot. I had these little robots on my computer monitor, so I decided I'd shoot them in some sort of futuristic environment. Years ago, I used them for a photo class project on movement. I wound them up and let them have a race while I photographed them with my N50 and some TriX. I still have that photo somewhere... back then they raced on aluminum these guys are standing tall on some old CD's I had sitting around.

Lit with three sb600's with other CD's for fill. D200, 105mm VR.

2. mdsign

Jun 14, 2006
    I like nr 1 maby a little crop from top? I love nr 2 great composition and colors.
    cheers, Mark
  3. I like the series, but number three really grabs my attention. Very nice.
  4. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

You're probably right...too much black space.

Thanks Crystall!
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2007
  5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I did an engagment session for the son of one of my co-workers last Fall. We shot this at the Hospital that I work at. We were headed back from a wooded area, when I saw the sunset reflecting off the pond like this. I hurriedly unpacked a sb600 and umbrella and set it up to camera right and fired off this shot....I think it works well. The lens was probably the Sigma 30mm 1.4, IIRC.
  6. WOW!!!!!!! That engagement shot is stunning, and I just love your creativity in shooting the robots. I *wish* I had creativity like that!! :smile:
  7. The robot shots are great, number 3 is my favorite ... I like the movement. The engagement shot is also stunning.
  8. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Oops, that engagement shot doesn't belong here... I meant to put it somewhere else! LOL, I guess I'll leave it up though.