Macro Lens

Real Name
Barry
During this Lockdown, I decided to dig out my old Sigma 105mm 2.8D EX Lens and 36mm Kenko extension tube and put it on the front of my Z6 with FTZ adaptor. I'm getting reasonable results but have seen much better macro work on line. If I was to purchase another Macro Lens what are people using these days to get in real close on those eyes etc.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

789_2071.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
The Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro has produced some awesome shot. add that to a little stack and it is just unbelievable. But I hear it takes some getting used to. Of course it is a canon. Check out some work by LordV . An internet search will find him. I think him to be one of the best in the world.

Real Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro has produced some awesome shot. add that to a little stack and it is just unbelievable. But I hear it takes some getting used to. Of course it is a canon. Check out some work by LordV . An internet search will find him. I think him to be one of the best in the world.
Hi Greg. So do you think this Canon Lens would work with a adaptor on the Z6 body.

Just found LordV Flickr ste, as you said some wonderful macro stuff there.

Real Name
Barry
sorry I can't comment on the compatibility but I have often crunched the numbers and thought about a dedicated canon body for this one lens.
Thank You for being honest. I have read up on this lens and it sounds perfect (Pity Nikon don't do a version). When all this Coronavirus is over, I will pop down to my local camera shop who has this lens in stock and will see what I can do.

I had to stop looking at your links ! Really great stuff. Fantastic !!!
I had thought many times of a trip there but not knowing what I was doing I am always afraid I would have a trip wasted. Plus I was unable to find a travel agent that would take on such a trip so I was pretty much on my own to find transportation and lodging and meals etc.

It looks like the 200-500 would almost be too much glass. Perhaps the 80-400 VR f4 would be about right?

Again, you got some really great shots!

Real Name
Barry
I had to stop looking at your links ! Really great stuff. Fantastic !!!
I had thought many times of a trip there but not knowing what I was doing I am always afraid I would have a trip wasted. Plus I was unable to find a travel agent that would take on such a trip so I was pretty much on my own to find transportation and lodging and meals etc.

It looks like the 200-500 would almost be too much glass. Perhaps the 80-400 VR f4 would be about right?

Again, you got some really great shots!
Depends on what body. 200-500 would be fine on a FX, but your 80-400 would be better on a DX. I use a D500/D7200 with 300mm f2.8 prime.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom