Macro Portrait Closeup

F64

Real Name
Greg
Cropped from head and shoulders portraits using my D700 and the 60mm f2.8 Nikkor macro lens. Bounce flash.
BlueEye.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
BrownEyes.jpg

Interesting ideas.
I am not a fan of large pupils, like the first image. Partial reflections in the eye detract for me.
I would clean up the yellow splotches of makeup on the first, and black and yellow splotches on the second image.
When we do macro closeup portraits we are asking people to look at the details. It is the little things that detract from such images.
Nicely seen
gary

F64

Real Name
Greg
Interesting ideas.
I am not a fan of large pupils, like the first image. Partial reflections in the eye detract for me.
I would clean up the yellow splotches of makeup on the first, and black and yellow splotches on the second image.
When we do macro closeup portraits we are asking people to look at the details. It is the little things that detract from such images.
Nicely seen
gary
Definitely no makeup on these girls, however, I can clean up their faces in Photoshop no problem. I see what you mean about reflections in the eyes. Personally I find them interesting. These pictures were not taken to be beautiful portraits, just likenesses for a school project - and the only reason I cropped them so close was to show the quality I was able to get out of the D700 and the 60mm Nikkor macro lens.
Thanks for your considered comments. A good reminder that it pays to see details even in candid photos in order to improve our work.

F64

Real Name
Greg
I'm a big fan of closeups and these are quite nice. I might clean them up a tad (yellow debris on the first, black debris on the second).
OK - cleaned up. How are these?
BlueEye2.jpg
BrownEyes2.jpg

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom