Macro Spiral

My humble contribution to the macro/floral world...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

An Echium angustifolium (Hispid Viper's Bugloss) is very common in the Med so it seems it found its way over to Cyprus as well.

Code:
Genus, Latin: Echium 
Species, Latin: angustifolium 
Family: BORAGINACEAE 
Common name in English: Hispid viper's bugloss 
Common name German: Natternkopf 
Chorortype: Mediterranean 
Life form Raunkiaer: chamaephyte, semi-shrub 
Summer shedding: perenating 
Succulence: non-succulent 
Salt resistance: glycophyte 
Habitat or affinity to vegetation formation: Bathas and herbaceous plant communities of the Mediterranean territory 
Synanthropy: mostly natural, also synanthropic
Thanks to Harry for naming it, I found all this nice info, too!

Yes it is an interesting plant, don't ask me what it is... Maybe Harry knows...
Harryyyy... what kinda plant is that? Here's another shot to help you out...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Panos Kazanelis said:
Harryyyy... what kinda plant is that? Here's another shot to help you out...
I'm here!!

This look like some kind of Echium but it is definitely not Echium vulgare (Viper's Bugloss) which is common here in Central Europe and has blue flowers.

As soon as I'm back in the museum tomorrow I'll have a look in my book of the plants of Crete. Maybe it's there as well.

Where may I send the bill for the expertise :wink: ?

C

celia bule

Panos, I prefer the second one. Good example of Spring time arrival.

I really like these, Panos. Love the contrast of the second, love the bokeh of the first. I'm wondering how the 500D would turn out on the 70-200VR, any ideas? Wondering how different that setup would be compared to an actual macro lens.... Anyone?

TOLady said:
I really like these, Panos. Love the contrast of the second, love the bokeh of the first. I'm wondering how the 500D would turn out on the 70-200VR, any ideas? Wondering how different that setup would be compared to an actual macro lens.... Anyone?
Sandi,

I have this combo, but have only taken a few shots with it. I'm still so hooked on getting some decent birdie shots that every other area of picture taking has taken a back seat. :? What I have taken looks pretty good though.

I hope to get out with this set-up soon though, and I'll post some shots.

Frank

Flew said:
TOLady said:
Sandi,

I have this combo, but have only taken a few shots with it. I'm still so hooked on getting some decent birdie shots that every other area of picture taking has taken a back seat. :? What I have taken looks pretty good though.

I hope to get out with this set-up soon though, and I'll post some shots.

Frank
This combo is perfect! That means - if you are not into ample DOF, but it makes the exceptional bokeh of the 70-200 really shine.
I have not shot much with this combo either, but what I have done so far, and what I have seen from others is very pleasing, especially the very smooth transition to the OOF areas.
It's also worth while to try it in combination with the 85/1.4.

Hi Panos,
Wow, love your shots!
You're an inspiration to me to get out there and start shooting the pretty flowers around here.

Thanks,
Gaye

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom