Macro with the 24-70mm f/4

Real Name
Andy
I just picked up a pair of extension tubes made by Meike (MK-Z-AF1-A) and quickly tested them with the 24-70mm f/4 on a Z6. They seem to work fine, with full communication between camera and lens preserved, including aperture and AF control. These are all at 70mm with the subject at the minimum focus distance for the stated configuration. Focus target was the gold distance hashmark.

1. Lens alone
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Lens + 11mm extension

3. Lens + 18mm extension

4. Lens + 11mm + 18mm extension

Real Name
Chris
I just picked up a pair of extension tubes made by Meike (MK-Z-AF1-A) and quickly tested them with the 24-70mm f/4 on a Z6. They seem to work fine, with full communication between camera and lens preserved, including aperture and AF control. These are all at 70mm with the subject at the minimum focus distance for the stated configuration. Focus target was the gold distance hashmark.

1. Lens alone
View attachment 1649965
2. Lens + 11mm extension
View attachment 1649968
3. Lens + 18mm extension
View attachment 1649967
4. Lens + 11mm + 18mm extension
View attachment 1649966
Wow they look like they work quite well! I am so glad to see someone post something on this as I have recently just become interested in trying my hand at some Macro shots and debated on getting some tubes. Now that I’ve seen what they can do (thank you for the comparison to the normal lens as well, that helped someone like me with no macro experience to visualize the difference they make) I am definitely gonna buy a set now. If you don’t mind me asking, how much do they cost?

Real Name
Chris
Wow they look like they work quite well! I am so glad to see someone post something on this as I have recently just become interested in trying my hand at some Macro shots and debated on getting some tubes. Now that I’ve seen what they can do (thank you for the comparison to the normal lens as well, that helped someone like me with no macro experience to visualize the difference they make) I am definitely gonna buy a set now. If you don’t mind me asking, how much do they cost?
Never mind I decided I was just being lazy and could look it up myself since you gave the model number haha haha. Not bad at all, way less than I was expecting.

Real Name
Chris
I actually just requested a copy of the 85mm f/1.8 S from NPS to evaluate, but they don't have any available right now. I think the extension tubes and that lens should make quite a good combo.
They are hard to come by they have been selling out like crazy around here. I’ve literally gone 4 times to purchase and each time they were sold out locally. Amazon just got a new batch in with next day delivery so I went against my normal rule of only buying stuff like that from mom and pop places because I didn’t want to wait anymore.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom