1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Macros from Southern Spain.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by jomike, Jul 6, 2008.

1. lovely pictures, i REALLY like the third last picture, that was geniously done!
    nice colours, some of em hav abit sloppy composition, but overall i really like em, GJ!

2. extraordinary pics !

3. jomike

jomike

Jun 7, 2008
    Surrey. England
    Thanks Tommy and Randy, for looking and commenting. :biggrin:

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Really nice shots all of them. I think the dragonfly in #2 is either a Large or Small Pincertail male (Onychogomphus uncatus or forcipatus. My uneducated guess is that it's the large one. If Jukka sees this he will know.

The damselfly in #2 is a featherleg. My guess is a Platycnemis latipes - White Featherleg.

5. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Nice work, I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday

6. jomike

jomike

Jun 7, 2008
    Surrey. England
    Thanks for looking and commenting :biggrin:

Thanks Torben. Nice to see different species from the Northern European ones.

7. jomike

jomike

Jun 7, 2008
    Surrey. England
    Also got some shots of the European Carpenter Bee (Xylocopa violacea). They are huge bees, about 1.5 inch body length with blue-black wings. They emit a low drone when they fly.

2645758220_3dba9a27dd_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2645762084_965073c159_b.jpg

And the hole in a piece of wood it lives in.
    2644950975_16fe109e9c_b.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.