1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Made a big mistake today ... I walked in ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Candidcameraman, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Made a big mistake today ... I walked in an Apple store and tried their 30" HD monitor, logged in my photobucket album and looked at some full size pictures of mine and... WHOA!!!! I now want two of those puppies.... Can you say WOW, I was once blind but now I see... to work on pictures with a screen like that, what a pleasure that would be :biggrin:

0-inch (29.7-inch viewable)
    2560 x 1600 optimal resolution whoa, Whoa! WHOA!!! WOW!
    16.7 million colors
    DVI Display Connector
    2 port USB 2.0 Hub
    2 FireWire 400 ports

2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    I'm going to need a new monitor fairly soon. The Apple Cinema is one option - however I'm also strongly considering an Eizo monitor...

It's only money :eek: 

3. My thought process exactly... you can't take it with you anyways :wink:

4. I admit, when I first saw the Apple Cinema display, I was very impressed.

But now that I've done some more research, I don't think it's anywhere near the cream of the crop in terms of 30" monitors.

5. I just got a Dell 24" - don't know if it is as good as the apple. I thought my 20" was nice an bright etc... but the new monitor is twice as bright and colors seem much better. With them side by side the 20" whites look yellow and all colors looked washed out. And the 24" seems so much bigger. But, I almost wish I bought a 30". Dual 30's would be cool!

6. Before you pull the plug in the Apples take a look at Ezios offerings, I have a pair of the 24 inch ezios and they are truely remakeable

7. I had enough trouble affording my 22" LaCie CRT monitor and so it is not only money but space. Having two 30's would be the ultimate.

8. I'll have to look at the Ezios but everything will have to wait after December....

I'll have to make the space for them but yes... I mean it makes a world of differences and would probably make things a lot easier and pleasant (Probably faster as well) when doing post processing... So it might be worth it - sacrifices will have to be made though... Cause that would be a major investment along with a printer.

9. dspeed

dspeed

Dec 17, 2006
    Carlsbad, NM
    The Apple monitors are pretty, but there are plenty of issues if you dig a little.

After some research, I picked up an NEC 2690WUXi. This is a 25.5" monitor of high quality that will reproduce > 90% of the Adobe RGB gamut. NEC packages an EyeOne calibrator and their own software for calibration of this unit.

I'm very pleased with the performance of this unit, except now I see faults that I couldn't see before <g>. Actually, I've gone back and redone a lot of PP on my faves.

The next step is > 2x the cost, so this is the 'knee of the curve'. Of course, the state of the art keeps changing.

Dave

10. You know you want it......You deserve it......go for it.....Every man dies but not every man lives.............

Cheers

Ted:smile:

11. having 2 22inch lcd from LG life is nice. Thirty's would be so cool but since I have a wife who is grounded in reality- my 22's are just fine... (I'd rather spend that money on 2 30's on new glass anyhow!)

12. I love :Love: my 30" ACD! It is wonderful for working on post-processing images.

13. I did the same thing about a month ago. I went to West Edmonton Mall.(Largest Mall in North America) Didnt know there was an Apple store untill it was too late. I been had.... I cant go to the mall any more or my goose and credit cards are cooked..

14. I am so proud of myself -- last week I walked into our local Apple store and looked at the new iPods -- gorgeous colors! -- and just looked around in general -- and actually managed to leave the store WITHOUT BUYING ANYTHING!!!!!!! Now, for me, that's a real achievement! Usually that doesn't happen......

15. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Man, I'm really missing the boat then! I'm still using my HP Pavillion laptop with its 17" monitor. I don't even have a desktop PC! :frown:

Some day......

16. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    heck yeah man go get it!!

i have been looking into 30+in LCD tvs to be able to use the compter and do a picture in picture deal to watch anything on TV also.....hey we all dream, might as well make it big.

17. I think John -Gadgetguy- has dual 30" ACD maybe ask him.
    I have dual 23" ACD and I'm very happy with them. It's nice having two displays that match.

18. :cool: Twin 30's is about the same price as that coffee table, right?:cool: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.