Made by gods....for gods

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by RayGuselli, May 26, 2007.

1. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Just love this car!!!

Best wishes

Ray

[​IMG]

2. It looks like an old Roadmaster. But it sure is a sweet image!

3. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi mark

I think you are right - I am sure I saw that somewhere......

Thanks

Ray

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow aren't you getting fancy

Super work Ray:>)))

5. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    If Michelangelo were alive today, would he be doing someting like this?

DAB

6. Peano

Peano

Jun 22, 2006
    Washington, D.C.
    Beautiful job, Ray! What a classic. My father once bought a '52 Buick Super (used). I can dimly recall riding in it. I think the model here is a Super. Didn't the Roadmaster have four ports on the front fender? Seems to me the Super and Special models each had three ports.

Some old Buick magazine ads here for the nostalgia set:
    http://www.tocmp.com/brochures/Buick/1952/index.htm

7. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Peano

You sure know your cars!!!!

Over here in the UK we don't see many cars like this and I found it on the web. I cannot be sure about the model - will enjoy looking at the link you sent....much appreciated.

Very best wishes

Ray

8. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Peano

Great link - it's lovely to see the cars and the brochures as they were- really excellent.

Many thanks

Ray

9. bwahaha:Clown:

10. Peano

Peano

Jun 22, 2006
    Washington, D.C.
    And while we're reminiscing ...

Shot this at an antique show last weekend.

[​IMG]

11. Ray,

What a gorgeous car and drop dead gorgeous job you did on this. Please adopt me and let me live and learn with you ...........:smile:

12. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    For Peano and Bob

Hi

Peano, that shot says it all....great angle and you know, it doesn't need any more of the car....it tells the story....

I think I would have dived in for the whole car but your way works more effectively.

Bob, you dont need adopting; your work is superb.....totally great.

For reflections I tend to use flaming pear flood plug in....it seems to work ok for me.

Other times I have duplicated, flipped and then used the filters (ocean ripple and ripple) in photoshop but form me the plug in seems to work.

I always do my reflection on a duplicate layer so that I can try and adjust if needed....

I hope that helps a little Bob but please shout out if I can help in any other way - my pleasure.

Very best wishes

Ray

ps....you now owe me a ride in that lovely car of yours.....please!!!....LOL:wink:

13. Ray,

Thanks for the input on your reflections. I downloaded some actions for action central and hoped they would show up in PS 7. I looked at the folders to see where the actions should go. I found some actions in the folder PS/Presets?Actions ..... so that's where I placed them. But after re-booting, I opened PS and looked at the actions but didn't see the. It's possible they're in the wrong folder, or, PS 7 is too old for the actions. If you can help with that ..... it would be great. I'll look into the flaming pear flood plug-in.

As far as a ride in my car .......... if you ever come to the USA and Los Angeles in particular, you not only can have a ride, I'll let you drive!! Anytime, just let me know.

Peano,

Thant is a great shot ............ '57 Chevy in my opinion is maybe the most classic car design ever.

14. Peano

Peano

Jun 22, 2006
    Washington, D.C.
    Thanks, Bob, and I agree, it is certainly one of the most widely recognized designs ever. Here's another beauty, the '57 Thunderchicken.

57tbird2.

15. Peano,

You crack me up ......... here is maybe the most photographed tail lights in photo history. The '59 (I think) caddie.

502836435_00450e1c5e_b.

16. Peano

Peano

Jun 22, 2006
    Washington, D.C.
    Yes indeed, '59 Caddie. That was the year Detroit maxed out on tail fins. The next year (or maybe it was '61), they were almost all clipped back to a nub.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2007
  17. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    Don't you think if Michelangelo was alive today he'd be doing advertising for the auto (or computer) industries? These are the patrons who have the money to pay for talents now.

DAB

18. Gentlemen, you call continue to astound me! Thank you all for posting and sharing!

19. Ray, this image kicks butt. I love it. When I first went in the military many, many years ago this was my dream car. I never did get one but it didn't keep me from dreaming. Thanks for the memories.